MTBNJ's birdbox DH challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
seems like it had to be done, he needs some real encouragement (assuming the lack of updates indicates a lack of progress . . . thats how this works right?)

It's not even me derailing it, I got home today got changed my son runs up to me yelling shoes. My wife asks me to take him for a walk he's been stuck inside all day.

Life just knows what cards to play to keep me home and it's not like I can do stuff in the am since my wife is gone before I'm up.

qclabrat

It's not even me derailing it, I got home today got changed my son runs up to me yelling shoes. My wife asks me to take him for a walk he's been stuck inside all day.

Life just knows what cards to play to keep me home and it's not like I can do stuff in the am since my wife is gone before I'm up.
Go to a park and do pull ups while he's doing his own thing. I used to make a obstacle course with my kids and we'd race for time like Battle of the Network Stars. Wait you're too young to remember... Some of the best programming for a young boy in the 70s and 80s
battle_network_stars_somers_cosell_jenner_1978.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

seems like a chance to exercise? hit the park, climb on crap. parkour!
simple things to do, lunges. push-ups/burpies, you might have been thinking endurance tonight, but
be flexible, and do something for strength. Log carry!

and go get dirty! kids love to get dirty.

NO EXCUSES!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
seems like a chance to exercise? hit the park, climb on crap. parkour!
simple things to do, lunges. push-ups/burpies, you might have been thinking endurance tonight, but
be flexible, and do something for strength. Log carry!

and go get dirty! kids love to get dirty.

NO EXCUSES!

Dinner was due in 15 minutes not enough time to take him to the park and not worth making him messy for only a few minutes.

I gave him a hand plane and tried to get him to make shavings

Patrick

Staff member
Dinner was due in 15 minutes not enough time to take him to the park and not worth making him messy for only a few minutes.

I gave him a hand plane and tried to get him to make shavings

kid bench press? kid squats!

although anything with tools is cool, cause tools. So i think that is a win.
How old? if that is ok to ask.

Patrick

Staff member
I ran 1 mile and cooled down walked off the couch and sub 9 minutes my goal is closer than I thought

that is damn good for downhill then uphill.

19 months is def kid bench press, squats, or shoulder carry!
they should also learn to do their own shoulder roll, or even front roll at that age. makes for good video, and lots of smiling/clapping.
more fun stuff is down to plank (elbows and knees for kid), down to floor, roll, plank, stand.

if you can roll some live video of them on the tv, that seemed to always make the sessions last longer.
fun age.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
that is damn good for downhill then uphill.

19 months is def kid bench press, squats, or shoulder carry!
they should also learn to do their own shoulder roll, or even front roll at that age. makes for good video, and lots of smiling/clapping.
more fun stuff is down to plank (elbows and knees for kid), down to floor, roll, plank, stand.

if you can roll some live video of them on the tv, that seemed to always make the sessions last longer.
fun age.

I did like 1/3 of the elivation on my hill tomorrow I'll do the whole thing.

My son is in the pain eating stage.

Attachments

• image_cacheahZmcm9nc3F1YXJlZC1ncm91cC1wcm9kcl0LEgpBdHRhY2htZW50Ik02ZTNlZDFhNS05OGNmLTRhZDEtYTl...jpg
    image_cacheahZmcm9nc3F1YXJlZC1ncm91cC1wcm9kcl0LEgpBdHRhY2htZW50Ik02ZTNlZDFhNS05OGNmLTRhZDEtYTl...jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom