This is supposed to be....

bergsnj

I swapped in the 54 tooth star ratchets in my 350 hub. The difference is obvious and really nice when you are going over something and need to back pedal really quick to get that little extra burst. And there is very little resistance, if i spin the wheel while holding it off the ground it will spin for a really long time. The problem that I have with these is that they are very quiet, too quiet. I like loud hubs, it lets dog walkers and hikers know that I am coming. I wiped most of the grease off of mine lastnight to hopefully make them louder but have not had a chance to ride it to see. I'm coming from Hope Pro4 hubs which are really loud.

bergsnj

here is a vid of the 54T DT Swiss with some grease removed:
seems louder but it doesnt seem to resonate outside when on the trail, i cant even hear it in the woods.

But the Hope Pro 4.....You can hear this one coming:

Dajerseyrat

So, at the same time I did the rear hub upgrade I did an oval 32 tooth chain ring. Why? Eh, why not...So I finally got to ride today with the combo and went to Allaire, which is not extremely challenging as far as climbing goes, but it would have to do. Now I will say the oval chain ring felt odd for the first 3 or 4 minutes of flat terrain pedaling, but after that I didn't notice it anymore. Until I climbed! Now I don't know of the extra 2 teeth, going from 30 to 32 made a difference but I definitely noticed it was a bit more tourqe in the powerstroke and a slight rest on the non power stroke. I climbed more effortlessly than normal and don't know of this was a combo of the hub and the chain ring, or all chain ring, but I liked the way it all felt.
The hub modification was definitely way more loud than my older one and made me feel a little baller as if I had I9 hubs..lol But the engagement was definitely noticable on the more technical sections where you would be on and off the power.

All in all, money well spent..

Attachments

• IMG_20181212_112612.jpg
    IMG_20181212_112612.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20181212_112353.jpg
    IMG_20181212_112353.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom