Things that make you frown :(

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
if i only paid $270 for it id either be buying another one or just running it till it died, not paying 90% for a rebuild . . . . but thats just me.

(btw $250 isnt terribly far out of line with a factory service on any fork that iv seen, the high side sure, but not terribly so)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think the Cane Creek issue is:

1) It's probably a $400 a shock. So if you pay $400 it seems less painful for the work on it. Paying $270 for it that math changes.
2) Cane Creek had some design issues for awhile on the shocks. Hopefully yours didn't have those issues (new enough) but if they did I believe they update the parts.

$230 still seems way too high unless there was some major parts broken.

Danimal

I think the Cane Creek issue is:

1) It's probably a $400 a shock. So if you pay $400 it seems less painful for the work on it. Paying $270 for it that math changes.
2) Cane Creek had some design issues for awhile on the shocks. Hopefully yours didn't have those issues (new enough) but if they did I believe they update the parts.

$230 still seems way too high unless there was some major parts broken.
Well, I got the shock super cheap. Market was in the $450-500 ish range new if memory serves me correct and this was a brand new close out I had bought. They noted some slight scoring in the air can due to contaminants so it was replaced for $30 ish bux, Other then that just normal replacement items. This was the first service I've done and had the shock 2 years so that air can was prob my fault. Just sucks when you cant do something yourself and it costs so much

serviceguy

It's true, my smart meter is coming soon I was told in a letter. I think they "guess" at a price and correct it next month with a real reading.

We denied permission to install the smart meter, unfortunately as a result we have to pay extra $10 each month, which is a ripoff. There's a number of horror stories on line (including catching fire) but the biggie is the potential side effects on cancer survivors that have been subject to radiation therapy, even though I would not expect it to be much worse than having a 4G/5G access point installed inside the house (which we switch off at night since it's next to our bedroom).

JDurk

Plan to ride the trainer early this morning. Install an old tire using the good tire's tube the day before. Get fully geared up, go to the detached garage, and find the rear tire deflated at 5am.

Top Bottom