Things that make you frown :(

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
and i'm in a acceleration lane, accelerating. Isn't that what they are for?
Driver in lane, lays on horn, and decelerates.
Continues to lay on horn.
I arrive at end of acceleration lane at highway speed with driver next to me, still on the horn.
The next lane to the left is clear too.

So, was driver going to let me run into them and ask if i heard the horn while making no
defensive move at all?
Is blocking me into the acceleration lane, so i get to drive on the shoulder, a thing?

and i'm the a-hole in the full size p/u truck (as mentioned in the other thread)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wait the drive decelerated to block you in? thats just fucked up.

i will also ask if anyone else moves over if there is space when they see someone getting on the highway or am i the only one?

Patrick

Staff member
wait the drive decelerated to block you in? thats just fucked up.

i will also ask if anyone else moves over if there is space when they see someone getting on the highway or am i the only one?

i think it was more like, 'the accident won't be as bad if i go slower' move than intentionally blocking. just ignorant of the dynamics.

and yes, if someone is pulling out, or merging, i move over. seems reasonable. even more so if the person is working (ie UPS, Fedex, etc)

The Kalmyk

Hey @fidodie i get it! Taking into account I commute on the NJTPK everyday the odds are on the side of me encountering a tailgater, mean looks, no blinkers, etc...

If I remember and before I leave the house, I tell myself that people drive like aholes, I’m going to come across bad looks, someone will be talking on the phone looking down. All the possibles that would piss me off. It’s an inoculation so when it happens it doesn’t make me frown.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Hey @fidodie i get it! Taking into account I commute on the NJTPK everyday the odds are on the side of me encountering a tailgater, mean looks, no blinkers, etc...

If I remember and before I leave the house, I tell myself that people drive like aholes, I’m going to come across bad looks, someone will be talking on the phone looking down. All the possibles that would piss me off. It’s an inoculation so when it happens it doesn’t make me frown.

you know - if it wasn't for the horn, i would totally understand someone driving under me, then slowing down. Just ignorant.
But to look at me, start blowing the horn, stay on the horn, and then create the worst situation (well i would have slowed down if there wasn't a big shoulder)
without even thinking they could remedy the perceived problem by
  • maintaining initial speed
  • speeding up
  • slowing down more
  • moving over
just perplexes me.

i see stupid stuff every day - cutting out because they seem to have waited long enough, then not accelerating with a purpose.
not using a directional until they actually turn (cause you know it is a signal to cut someone off trying to turn????)
doing 50 in a residential, doing 50 on the interstate (same person btw)
etc.

Patrick

Staff member
@fidodie
Dude its Jersey do really expect anything less. #toomanypeoplepersqaureinch

too many entitled people/inch^2

drive in the STL area - it is crowded by their standards. Use a directional, and people make space to let ya in.

Top Bottom