Things that make you frown :(

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
gotta move out of essex county man. come up to morris, there's no criminals to require going to court.
Bergen county bruh , I did contemplate shaving some bizarre facial hair but my social anxiety got the best of me

qclabrat

Guess I'm the only one who likes civil service, was bummed last time when they met quota and didn't even get called up, done for the next 7 years
last service was for Grand Jury, that was for about 2.5 months a few times a week, all fun

kdebello

I get called almost the exact same time every 3 years since I turned 18. I'm 48 now. Union County. They were more lenient on letting you out of it through mail, but now they just postpone. They claim it's a random pick, but there has to be something about my number that get's the call all the time. I'm the only person in my small office who has ever been called. I've been at my job for 28 years.

I got this last time postponed for a year. I should have just gotten it over with. The last time I was picked for a murder trial. Drug deal gone bad in Plainfield. Told the judge if it were any other crime I might be able to be fair, but for a murder my first though it guilty. He says I'm excused, then scolds me for a few minutes on how I should be grateful that we have this system and if I were ever on trial I would want someone on the jury that could judge fairly.

The Kalmyk

I made it deep into the selection process of a public worker vs private citizen criminal case. I wanted to see how far I could go till they booted me. When they asked if I knew anyone from the companies of either party, that's when I knew I was out.

Rusty

finally served late last year after never getting selected and having been in the process several times. when they pulled us aside from the larger group, they said, 'you guys are lucky, that other trial they are about to select for is expected to last 9 weeks' ... turns out it went MUCH longer. I was out in 2.5 days. Now I hope they leave me alone for a while.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got called into jury duty once like 10-15 years ago, and I accidentally brought a knife into the courthouse and didn't get caught. I had a pocket knife on my key chain, and it didn't occur to me until I was almost to the metal detector that it was on there. It was one of those freebie personalized ones that they send out to try and get you to buy more, and it had my dad's business name engraved on it. I didn't want it confiscated, but I didn't have time to run it back to my car and wait in the security line again. So I just walked up, put my keys and knife into the tray, walked through the metal detector, and picked up my keys and went into the courthouse.

I sat in a room for a while with a bunch of people, and they eventually just told us we are not needed and can go home.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Currently juror #2 , on the plus side work has been kinda beating me down so being inside all day and knowing what time I go home seem pretty attractive

Kaleidopete

I get called to duty about every two years. What a nightmare it would be for me to have to drive to Paterson from
Wawayanda area and be there at 8 or 9 in the morning! I have doctor excuses.
My dead mother got a jury duty notice years after her death. It was addressed to "Dorothy Deceased Demattia" nobody looks at this shit?

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got called into jury duty once like 10-15 years ago, and I accidentally brought a knife into the courthouse and didn't get caught. I had a pocket knife on my key chain, and it didn't occur to me until I was almost to the metal detector that it was on there.

SAME WITH ME!

years ago i was called and had to go in (i used to get called ALL THE TIME when i lived in union county)... i think i tried getting dismissed before going in because i worked for a newspaper and sometimes we covered the cases and stuff... anyway... i had a swiss army knife on my keychain and i completely forgot about it... walked right thru security with it... didn't even set off any alarms.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got called into jury duty once like 10-15 years ago, and I accidentally brought a knife into the courthouse and didn't get caught. I had a pocket knife on my key chain, and it didn't occur to me until I was almost to the metal detector that it was on there.

I did this once too. Accidentally brought a 3.5 inch assisted-opening knife on a plane in my laptop bag. This was only a few years after 911 too. I didn't realize it was in my bag untill I reached in the side pocket to grab a USB chord and felt it in there. My stomach dropped for a moment. No fuckin idea how the TSA missed that one! An accident on both our parts. I still have tha knife too. Glad it wasn't taken away.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my understanding is they cross voter registration with the driver license database. it has to match exactly.
Possible, I have never had the same DL address and voter registration address in the 23 years since I moved back from Utah

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I got called into jury duty once like 10-15 years ago, and I accidentally brought a knife into the courthouse and didn't get caught. I had a pocket knife on my key chain, and it didn't occur to me until I was almost to the metal detector that it was on there. It was one of those freebie personalized ones that they send out to try and get you to buy more, and it had my dad's business name engraved on it. I didn't want it confiscated, but I didn't have time to run it back to my car and wait in the security line again. So I just walked up, put my keys and knife into the tray, walked through the metal detector, and picked up my keys and went into the courthouse.

I sat in a room for a while with a bunch of people, and they eventually just told us we are not needed and can go home.

I accidentally brought a knife on my keychain through Newark airport TSA without any issues. I later had it confiscated taking my son and his friends to Great Adventure. They said I could put it in a locker, but that cost more than the knife.

Top Bottom