Things that make you frown :(

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
if i only paid $270 for it id either be buying another one or just running it till it died, not paying 90% for a rebuild . . . . but thats just me.

(btw $250 isnt terribly far out of line with a factory service on any fork that iv seen, the high side sure, but not terribly so)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think the Cane Creek issue is:

1) It's probably a $400 a shock. So if you pay $400 it seems less painful for the work on it. Paying $270 for it that math changes.
2) Cane Creek had some design issues for awhile on the shocks. Hopefully yours didn't have those issues (new enough) but if they did I believe they update the parts.

$230 still seems way too high unless there was some major parts broken.

Danimal

I think the Cane Creek issue is:

1) It's probably a $400 a shock. So if you pay $400 it seems less painful for the work on it. Paying $270 for it that math changes.
2) Cane Creek had some design issues for awhile on the shocks. Hopefully yours didn't have those issues (new enough) but if they did I believe they update the parts.

$230 still seems way too high unless there was some major parts broken.
Well, I got the shock super cheap. Market was in the $450-500 ish range new if memory serves me correct and this was a brand new close out I had bought. They noted some slight scoring in the air can due to contaminants so it was replaced for $30 ish bux, Other then that just normal replacement items. This was the first service I've done and had the shock 2 years so that air can was prob my fault. Just sucks when you cant do something yourself and it costs so much

It's true, my smart meter is coming soon I was told in a letter. I think they "guess" at a price and correct it next month with a real reading.
We denied permission to install the smart meter, unfortunately as a result we have to pay extra $10 each month, which is a ripoff. There's a number of horror stories on line (including catching fire) but the biggie is the potential side effects on cancer survivors that have been subject to radiation therapy, even though I would not expect it to be much worse than having a 4G/5G access point installed inside the house (which we switch off at night since it's next to our bedroom).