The "What did you accomplish in 2016?" Thread

Leadman

Formerly: Harry Hamilton
Started the year without any real goals besides trying to fit in as much biking (mtn. and road) as my schedule and body would allow. Ended up riding several memorable events. The few that stick out:
1. 6 Gap ride in Georgia (103 miles - 11,300 feet) - Kinda silly to drive 700 miles each way to ride a century in the hills but I loved it
2. Vermont Challenge (4 days in Vermont - 298 miles - 18,200 feet) - Fun rides, great people, awesome rest stops - I think I was the only person on a rigid mtn. bike, everybody else on road bikes
3. French Creek Iron Tour (101 miles - 7,600 feet) - This one is always tough for me - In 2015, it was so hot I almost took the SAG ride back and this year the winds were so strong, we were riding down hills at 10 mph.
4. Harlem Valley Rail Ride (105 miles - 7,100 feet)
5. Sourlands Spectacular (116 miles - 5,500 feet) - I rode this one to start line from home, hence few extra miles. I remember it was a nice and warm day (about 100 degrees)
6. Philadelphia ( 127 miles - 4,500 feet) - Took train into Trenton then rode to Pat's for a Philly cheesesteak, followed Schuylkill river trail and rode back home
7. D2R2 - Third time doing this event. Each time I signed up for the 160k but ended up doing 115k, 100k, and 40 miles. This year there was some summer cold going around at work, I got it, and did a nice and easy 40 miles while coughing along the way. I have already singed up for the D2R2 2017 - 160k offcourse - hopefully I'll finally actually do the 160k

All in all, 2016 was my best biking year at (summary from ridewithgps):

View attachment 46044

Hoping 2017 will be similar or a little better

Nice elevation gain!

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
a little late coming to this party, but had some issues with garmin connect. Had me down for max speed at 830,529 mph. Yes you read that correctly over 800 thousand). I have been telling you all my GT is a fast bike
Anyway, after some locating errors and fixing a bunch of rides:
strava says I have 3604 miles (not all are biking miles, some are hiking)
Garmin connect totals: 3690 miles of which 3405 are biking

More than last year :) so thats good.
Blood pressure and average heart rate is a little better. weight is the same (heavy sigh there).

But my big thing this year was the Puppy.
By the way, I keep track of her mileage too.
Its not exact because I dont "garminize" every single walk with her, so her actual totals are more. But all her biking and hiking and most of her walks around town are reflected in her totals. She has done 762 miles.

Top Bottom