The Walking Dead....why no bikes?

blackburn1973

Zombies don't drive, so I'd imagine whatever is left in various gas stations isn't getting used up that quickly.

Yes, but believe it's been three years (maybe more) since the apocalypse. Doesn't stored gas have a shelf-life (or is that just when stored in something like a lawnmower fuel tank)?

wonderturtle

Zombies don't drive, so I'd imagine whatever is left in various gas stations isn't getting used up that quickly.

I assume they are tapping into gas tanks of trucks, cars, gas stations, anywhere else could be found.

so to me getting gas isnt the question. but doesnt gas go bad after a while?

it's been a few years now.

but honestly, the main thing I think about watching the show is....how friggin bad would these folks smell?! the stink from Darryl alone would probably make most people faint.

Ian F

It's a TV show... I wouldn't expect the survival logistics to be all that realistic.

bearing in mind, I've never watched the show and doubt I ever will... might pick up the comics some day...

But besides gas and general hygiene, where do they get food?

Seems to me the nonstop work of basic survival in an extremely hostile environment wouldn't leave much time for asinine tribal politics.

wonderturtle

where do they get food?

I've wondered about that too...particularly when they are going from place-to-place. that and water. when they settle they grow food.

Seems to me the nonstop work of basic survival in an extremely hostile environment wouldn't leave much time for asinine tribal politics.

think that would make for a pretty boring show....just watching people slowing starve to death for 5+ seasons?

Ian F

I've wondered about that too...particularly when they are going from place-to-place. that and water. when they settle they grow food.

think that would make for a pretty boring show....just watching people slowing starve to death for 5+ seasons?

Yes... hence:

It's a TV show... I wouldn't expect the survival logistics to be all that realistic.

;)

Just read the Wikipedia clif-notes on the series. yeah... there's no way my engineer-mind would let me watch this show for more than 15 minutes. I'd be yelling at the TV, "why would anyone do this???" every 5 minutes... :mad:

wonderturtle

Just read the Wikipedia clif-notes on the series. yeah... there's no way my engineer-mind would let me watch this show for more than 15 minutes. I'd be yelling at the TV, "why would anyone do this???" every 5 minutes... :mad:

despite these little things we're discussing I think The Walking Dead is generally pretty good/ realistic. I think thats part of the reason its so crazy popular.

and I am pretty sensitive as well to unrealistic crap. I can suspend disbelief only so far. if something is too unrealistic it just ruins it for me. perfect example... Total Recall. towards the end of the movie Arnold Schwarzenegger gets thrown onto the surface of Mars (no atmosphere). due to pressure/ no O2 his face/ skull gets all disfigured and eyes pop out of his head. meanwhile a machine gets activated in that very minute and creates in about 30 seconds what took 2 billion friggin years on Earth...an atmosphere. instant atmosphere. and how is Arnold now that he has a fresh breath of oxygen (after his skull was bulging and eyes popping totally out)? barely a hair out of place. I mean....come on!!!

Ian F

I guess much of it is the social reactions to such a dire situation. I want to be optimistic and believe the few survivors would rally and work together to survive. At the first hint of such tribal silliness, I'd say "screw you idiots..." and leave, figuring I'd have a better chance on my own.

Pagliacci

bearing in mind, I've never watched the show and doubt I ever will... might pick up the comics some day...

But besides gas and general hygiene, where do they get food?

Virtually every aspect of The Walking Dead is more realistic than the Cubs winning a World Series, yet here we are.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
water and the walkers.....shouldn't they turn to dust?

Patrick

Staff member
And we are back!

spoiler alert: guns, walkers, explosions, humanity and lack-of.
or was that a recap?

point automatic weapon, hit everything but what it was aimed at. is it that hard?

Reactions: rlb

Patrick

Staff member
1574781049655.png

Captain Brainstorm

Big fan of the show but some things still piss me off. Like how Gabriel gets trapped with Negan, holding a fully loaded M4, but doesn't smoke him? Starting to like Fear a little more because its grittier.

Fan of Fear, but I'm waiting for Crazy Morgan to come back. Warm and fuzzy Morgan is boring.

And (spoiler alert) WTF is up with Siddiq dying like punk from a choke hold? And whats up with these Whisperers? They just live outside? What happens when it rains?

Top Bottom