The Walking Dead....why no bikes?

You're right, 2, and I don't think anyone saw it coming. I guess Glenn hit harder than Abraham for some reason. A lot of people theorized it would be Abraham and it makes sense since he's the big guy with the self-sacrifice type of attitude. I was thinking Glenn myself because that's how it goes down in the comics, and there was a line from Maggie last season that foreshadowed it. So to see Abraham go first I had the mindset of "Ok, we know who it was, now lets see how the group moves on..." but Glenn came out of nowhere and was much more shocking. Regardless, that was a hell of a first episode and hopefully this season keeps the momentum going.

My initial thought at the end of last season was Adam, but that would be too Star Trek, and the easy way out, so I put my money on Abraham. Glenn was a surprise, and I did appreciate the vampire bat joke. A lot of people where shell-shocked after this episode, but I think it had to go down this way after the buildup of last season. Neegan had to be a truely despicable villain given what Rick and his people did to Neegans people. The payback had to be big, and Rick had to be broken down into submission physically and mentally so that the revenge builds up slowly and intensely over the course of the season. Plus the Governor left some pretty big villain shoes to fill.

i didn't like the biblical reference of rick sacrificing his son. it may have been technically necessary to show compliance.

betting line was on abraham - no money t0 be made there. thought glenn would make it out tho - because he is valuable, and not a threat. but it does resolve the disconnect. also, daryl being taking away, helps to comply with the comic. he may just get saved by carol/morgan or jesus, and throw off a parallel thread. we know there will be another hero soon.

that neegan smile and body stance. so well played.

Last edited:
that was easily the most brutal tv episode Ive ever watched.

my wife gave up on the show when Ricks son was on the ground. she said "that's it. Im out" couldnt blame her

My wife left the room when Glenn was first hit with the bat. She didn't even see the part where his arm was twitching. I think she said, "Nope, I'm done."

Funny, neegan was talking while bashing and I was more focused on what he was saying. Until he laughs at Glenn about his eye, the gore really didn't draw my focus.

Who jumped out and got Glenn bashed anyway?

Funny, neegan was talking while bashing and I was more focused on what he was saying. Until he laughs at Glenn about his eye, the gore really didn't draw my focus.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

That would be Daryl. Oops. That's also the reason Neegan took him away at the end "B/c he's got heart ..." and to have a bargainig chip against Rick/Alexandria if they don't comply.

At this point, if you've been a fan of the show since the beginning, the gore doesn't really phase you anymore, although Glenn's eyeball lying in the mush of what used to be his head, while his arm twitched, was a nice touch. What was more disturbing was Neegans comedic yet business-like demeanor, and the groups reaction, the whole pshycological beat-down of Rick by Neegan. The whole thing was very well crafted, especially with the chronological pacing of Ricks POV. The only other episode that was as dark to me, was when Carl had to kill his mother, and then a walker ate her at the prison. Or when Carol had to kill the girl. Carol is a beast.

At this point, if you've been a fan of the show since the beginning, the gore doesn't really phase you anymore

It wasn't the gore that got my wife. She really likes Glenn and Maggie as a couple, so it was more that he died and then Neegan was making fun of him when he was dying and trying to talk. I'm pretty sure she said she was done last season when we thought he died though.

Reactions: rlb
This was probably the most stressful and tension filled episode I have seen from any show. I thought the Red Wedding episode of GoT was bad but this had it beat by a large margin.

Reactions: rlb
This was probably the most stressful and tension filled episode I have seen from any show. I thought the Red Wedding episode of GoT was bad but this had it beat by a large margin.

Agree

With that said, as brutal as it was, I don't think the violence was gratuitous. In order to break rick it had to be utterly, totally brutal otherwise it wouldn't have been believable. Nothing less could have broken rick.

Last edited:
If I was a betting man I would've won cuz my money was on Abe & Glenn, for a second I thought that Daryl was gonna get it though.
The mental beatdown of Rick was just as bad I think.
They still never told us who the wolves are though. Did they forget about it or are they with the saviors?

You can't kill Daryl, the show is about him as much as it is about Rick and the group. I think Daryl is the one guy you can't kill off, or people will stop watching, his character is going through a pretty big arc. And not having the benefit of knowing the books, I don't think that the wolves are part of Neegans crew. They didn't have guns or ammo, and were driven by a different philosophy, whereas Neegan is essentially a totalitarian ruler.

I've never read any of the books either but it's common knowledge that the Daryl character was made up for the show so who knows where his story arc is going this season. He was getting a bit annoying last season IMO.
I'm sure Negan will get his eventually but lets see what it costs the group before that happens...

just realized the jets may have outlasted glenn this year. or, uh, maybe not.

i binge watched the first three seasons, and have settled into the last 3. Don't read the comic, although the talking dead updates diverging story lines.

maybe it is desensitization to the presentation, it has been escalating. it got pretty gruesome in the last Terminus episode.

i'll watch the new episode again in a couple days.

i think we see mostly the other story lines....
and maybe rick gets a beating..again.

Zombies don't drive, so I'd imagine whatever is left in various gas stations isn't getting used up that quickly.

Back
Top Bottom