The View From The Drey

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
..it's already been stated in another thread; I don't ride my bike enough.
Bicycles are actually responsible for my declining involvement in music. At some point I started selling guitars to buy bikes. And then "buying a pedal" changed from stompbox to spd in my mind.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Now I'm going to have to go back and read these posts for the stories. I had been thinking about picking up al koopers book, it's supposed to be embellished but have some crazy stories.

The Squirrel

I haven't read Kooper's book. I have had close brushes with him in the past which will prohibit me from enjoying any word he writes or says.

The Squirrel

I've decided to add a feature to this thread.

You see, I have this fascination with Japan. It mostly stems from the fact that I work for a Japanese company and do a lot of work with Japanese clients. Because of this, I troll the Japanese news via English sites (my Japanese is no so good yet). What I've discovered is that they have this thing for limited edition foods, especially Kit Kats, Pringles, McDonalds, Cup-O-Noodle, etc... Quite often, they are very unusual flavor combinations that make you ask why.

So, I will start sharing the more interesting ones here. Here's the first; Chicken Nugget-French Fry Cup-O-Noodle:

cup.pngfood.png
And the article, should you care to read what they thought of it:

https://japantoday.com/category/fea...-the-new-chicken-nugget-french-fry-cup-noodle

qclabrat

yeah, I go through this all the time with my kids and they are not even Japanese. They need every Kit Kat flavor I can find, also many have "production limits" so it drives prices up and demand as well. Must get the ones with the highest macha content, but costs 10x what it is here. Between these oddities and K-Pop, I don't get my kids at all. I sound more like my parents every day...

1518655878194.png

The Squirrel

The KitKat thing is only one up'd by the Pringles thing. Here's the KitKat Chocolatory in Tokyo:

3.jpg

It's all they sell.

A Pringles promotion from last year:
_w1700.jpg

A free bluetooth speaker for the end of your Pringles can.

And, yeah, the K-pop/J-pop thing is nutz. That was a real eye-opener for me.

w_b

yeah, I go through this all the time with my kids and they are not even Japanese. They need every Kit Kat flavor I can find, also many have "production limits" so it drives prices up and demand as well. Must get the ones with the highest macha content, but costs 10x what it is here. Between these oddities and K-Pop, I don't get my kids at all. I sound more like my parents every day...

View attachment 63710

The answer you seek lies in the marijuana leaves on the top left pink wrapper. Surprisingly the wrapper is not green.

The Squirrel

Oh, that is brilliant. I have to start hinting at KitKat's for my little gift. Every time this one client comes he gets me a big bag of either these spicy peanut/rice "thing" snacks or these sweet puffed rice snacks. I was amazed at how many 7-Eleven's there were in Tokyo. Now, the Donki stores are new to me. I know nothing about them.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But they don't sell fancy Kit Kats as a one-stop-shop. I know there's better ramen, lol.:)

I don't necessary think it's better but their Gyoza's are kinda unique. My "favorite" is Minca in East Village, but everything tastes the same to me now as been publicly documented.

Top Bottom