The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is my typical Sunday ride that I do with my dog, here is what I promise:

Start and finish from deer park
20-25 miles that will include two parks (DP & Stephens)
intermediate pace with stops
plenty of technical sections
long climbs
exhilarating downhills
lots of raw singletrack to pump track like

sound like something you want then meet 6/14 at 7:00 am at first parking lot at Deer Park. If you been looking to do Stephans this will give you a full feel for it!

Reactions: w_b

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
not sure what lot this is. the lot of the jorba fest? That's the only deer park entrance I know of.

The 1st lot is off exit 19 of rt 80 turn left on rt. 517 1.25 miles turn left on deer park rd (dirt) follow rd. to 1st lot, hope that helps...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
This will be perfect practice /recon for my upcoming ride. I'm in, but will probably ride there from home.

mtgundlach

I heard good things about Stephens and I got the go ahead from the wife...so I am in, if anyone needs a ride from Madison area let me know

John Baumann

I'm going to try to make it.
Sunday will be my only day to ride and it's even better that we're starting early.
I'll confirm up by Saturday or before.

P.S. Looks like Deer Park parking is NOT where the JORBA Fest was. Right?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm going to try to make it.
Sunday will be my only day to ride and it's even better that we're starting early.
I'll confirm up by Saturday or before.

P.S. Looks like Deer Park parking is NOT where the JORBA Fest was. Right?

Not where jorba fest was if you go to post #4 I gave a quick direction from rt 80

hope this helps ballon a is first lot http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...,56.25&ie=UTF8&geocode=FW3kbwIdcl6K-w&split=0 try clicking on my maps then click to my saved maps sorry not sure how to get direct link

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
matt -

I always tell people about 100 yds past Mattar's make left...is Mattar's still there?
That's always a good landmark.

freeride

can't make it this sunday, but maybe another

how do you get from deer park to stephen's?

is stephens' north of 80? is it closer to the 24 hr. race?

thanks in advance

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
can't make it this sunday, but maybe another

how do you get from deer park to stephen's?

is stephens' north of 80? is it closer to the 24 hr. race?

thanks in advance

orangeis the link in DP and yes it's north and not far from the 24hr race.

Zaskar

I'm planning on coming

This will be my first ride at these parks and my first MTBNJ group ride...looking forward to it!!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lookin' good!

Weather has pretty gray lately but it's looks to be dry this weekend, was out at Stephens today and trails were good. Ride is gonna be more towards 25+ area and one thing I wanted to say was make sure your prepared bailout is not really an option most of the ride will be far away. Last thing I don't really want to do is call the wife for rescue:)

Zaskar

Weather has pretty gray lately but it's looks to be dry this weekend, was out at Stephens today and trails were good. Ride is gonna be more towards 25+ area and one thing I wanted to say was make sure your prepared bailout is not really an option most of the ride will be far away. Last thing I don't really want to do is call the wife for rescue:)

Understood. Will come prepared.

Top Bottom