The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

I cant say it better than jshort and Segundo already have, so I'll simply add that I have been very excite to see the strava activity. Keep it up!

Well well it smells pretty stagnant in this room.

Lame is a better term for the past few years. Seems every time I would try to get something started it turned into a mirage. If you have been following on Instagram or Strava you have noticed something strange that has to do with me and bikes. Like me actually riding bikes.

I did not start this with an intent of @jdog July 31/31 contest but purely because wife and I never ride together much lately. So we rode the first 2 days of July and I rode the 3rd day. When I was out on the third day I said to myself let's see how long I can last. Well I am here with 9 in a row and just gonna roll with it. Plan a schedule to fit it in and see where it goes.

I can say from having only 55 miles to date before this month and not ridden since 4/15 I am cautiously optimistic. I don't like what I became at 260lbs and never riding from 210lbs and 7000 miles just 4 years ago. My goal is to at least get somewhere between those numbers with a set riding schedule. As of now drinking and eating less is a start. Setting the alarm earlier for those awesome early am rides I always enjoyed the most.

So I am in to win not for $100 but for a healthier me. Wish me luck!
Fawk yes!

Great job matty....go check out dickerson mine while you are keeping this daily ride thing going.
This may happen as my dad lives less 1/4 mile from the top. Have you ever connected that park (forget the name) up at the top, it's right across from his complex.

This may happen as my dad lives less 1/4 mile from the top. Have you ever connected that park (forget the name) up at the top, it's right across from his complex.
Hedden park, yes. It's OK, has a few trails... The mountain trail down from the top is dropper post worthy

What has become of me and my Seven Cycles. Last year i had zero rides on this wonderful steel custom roadie yet now i cant get enough of it. If only i had the legs to ride it all day.

So this 31/31 contest has been a blessing as i am down 6lbs in 11 days and feel better with more energy. I do not feel that stiff locked up feeling when I roll out of bed and down the stairs. Beer consumption has been cut in half as @jShort says, if you gonna roll early you keep the liquid bread to a minimal. Team MTBNJ and the site support has been terrific which I appreciate tremendously!

I had forgotten how much riding early before work just triggers a much better day ahead no matter what shit is thrown in front of me. This also has spontaneously driven me to get some stuff done that has been constantly put off the side for way too long.

Ride for Fun! Ride for Health! Ride for Making Life Changes!

Matty- glad you are finding the fun again. That is the key- keep it up!
And what jshort said- let's hook that up!

No, no,no.... get matty to give you an abbreviated mooch triple ride. Thats his wheelhouse...
I'm pretty good at Gotham also, though not the outer boroughs. I miss the big city riding, it was as much fun and challenging as any mtbing if you were pinning. So many carrots out there!

Back
Top Bottom