The Time is Now!

Mountain Bike Mike

more impressed with the 25 minutes it takes you to get off the bike and then be out the door....

giphy.gif

wuz thinking similar... but then wuz like... When I get to work, go straight to the locker room, quick shower and dressed and at my desk in roughly that time.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ride until 6:50, shower, change, out door by 7:15

When I get back home, I have a checklist of things I need to do.
Get breakfast ready for kids and wife.
Get coffee ready (I only drink fresh ground beans)
Make own breakfast
Make lunch
Shower
Get kids dressed (sometimes, sometimes wife does that, but I get points for getting it done)

I shoot for out the door to work by 745.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Make own breakfast
Make lunch
Shower
Get kids dressed (sometimes, sometimes wife does that, but I get points for getting it done)

I used to help with my son in the AM and put him on the bus, but now his bus time is 8:40 so it is impossible. Girls sleep until 8:00 so I am in an out quickly.

qclabrat

I'm really impressed by those of you who can do this on a regular basis, just thinking this for weekends, as I'm the early parent who gets the kids up, breakfast and lunch going each morning. The younger one will be in HS next year so I'll get to work earlier and hope to get out for an hour ride then back in time for the religious 6pm dinner.

Kevin sleeps only 5 hrs a day? you must be an efficient sleeper like that Korean dude in one of those James Bond movies
GW250H250

Make own breakfast
Make lunch
Shower

That is some dedication to the sport, I can see it becomes a rhythm after a weeks

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I miss those summer night road rides from Capers shack or at six mile when it was still 80 degrees at like 830

Last edited:

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
On the topic of dawn patrols, what about in the woods? Specifically:

1. Have you ever had bear encounters because of the time of day? What do you do about this?

2. What do I do for lighting? I have a NiteRider Lumina 750 that I use on the road. I'd put that on the bars, but what should I use for a headlamp?

Blair

It's my Birthday!
...to start riding early. Sunrise today is around 5:45, which means it is starting to get light out between 5:00- 5:15 and we still have another month of adding more light each morning. If you have trouble getting out other times of the day or life gets further in the way the longer the day goes, One way to almost guarantee saddle time is riding when you wake up. I do 80% of my riding before 7am, all year round and starting doing so 8 years ago. The only thing preventing a longer ride is getting up even earlier. You will go through a 2-4 week adjusted period but after that it will just be normal.
In any case, if it is even remotely an option, do it now when you don't need lights and riding motivation is easy to come by. The trails are empty, the roads are clear, it is just you, your bike and whatever woodland creatures are around.

This is around 5:30 this morning, that ridge is Baldpate. I saw a bald eagle 2 min from here today.
8BE25F99-633A-45A3-835B-1956EB86CFA6_zpscboou0iw.jpg

You can sleep when you are dead.

DO IT!

do you find it difficult to go from sleeping to intense workout in 15 minutes at 5am? Assuming all your stuff is prepped the day before.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
do you find it difficult to go from sleeping to intense workout in 15 minutes at 5am? Assuming all your stuff is prepped the day before.
Not really, I am not much of a warm up guy though, basically on the gas right away and within a mile or two I know how the ride will be.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

1. Have you ever had bear encounters because of the time of day? What do you do about this?

2. What do I do for lighting? I have a NiteRider Lumina 750 that I use on the road. I'd put that on the bars, but what should I use for a headlamp?

Bears, yes on the road and in the woods. They either don't GAF about you or run away.

Get another 750 and mount it to helmet. That's the exact setup I use.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

I don't see bears but see roughly 4,001 deer. Today was the day for them to wait until i am 3 feet front them and then dart across the trail. Deer are dicks.

I have an urban 650 on the bars and sometimes a 500 on the helmet, but the helmet one bothers me so sometimes I rides without it on trails. Adds some excitement when you can't see around corners.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I don't see bears but see roughly 4,001 deer. Today was the day for them to wait until i am 3 feet front them and then dart across the trail. Deer are dicks.

same shit on the road this morning. deer are out in force.

Top Bottom