The Stewart Super Six Pack presented by...MTBNJ

Congrats!

Congrats to all the riders for finishing and attending.

Congrats to MTBNJ for hosting a very fun looking event.

I really like the awards! Time, care, and creativity all showed.

Nice job everyone. The NJ MTB scene is something we can all be proud of.

Cheers,

"slow" Joe

BIG thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting us.
to our team, you guys rock. without you, this doesn't happen.
to darkhorse, our bothers from another mother...THANK YOU!!

and finally, has anyone found lou? i parked him, he registered and last i saw him he was sleeping in his car.

Last edited:
Nice job everyone. The NJ MTB scene is something we can all be proud of.
And we had to go to New York to prove that it could be done :D.

Special thanks go out to the guys at Dark Horse Cycles for their support. Awesome, awesome group of guys.

I hope to see you all at the Mooch!

Last edited:
Mandi, no problem with the protein bar, you looked miserable and I wish that I'd had an extra pair of legs for you. I trust that the bar worked good enough. in the future, I'll carry snickers bars- they taste better than Clif Protein bars.

That was you, mom??? I must have been completely delirious at that point and saw a cute blonde :) haha. Thank you so much!! I wish someone had a picture of my face when all the girls could offer me was Gel. I think i choked back a few tears! I could have totally pulled out another lap if it was a Snickers Bar though... sike! Thanks again!

This race was totally awesome, and painful. I was in a daze for my entire fifth lap, and was thankful to finish without a silly exhaustion crash near the end. The food and beer was great after all that effort, although I bailed after stuffing my face so that I could go home to shower and try not to get poison ivy (successfully I think). Thanks to everyone who gave their time to make this event so much fun!

Oh and walter- my lower back thanks you.

Congarts to all who achieved their goals whatever they were

And my lower back is asking me why I didn't listen to this advice and ride my FS.

That was you, mom??? I must have been completely delirious at that point and saw a cute blonde :) haha. Thank you so much!! I wish someone had a picture of my face when all the girls could offer me was Gel. I think i choked back a few tears! I could have totally pulled out another lap if it was a Snickers Bar though... sike! Thanks again!

She's our mother mandi...this is mainly due to the fact that she is married to our father, Dad....its a long story :)

Loved the color coded and laminated plates. This made life so much easier. light blue and white are pretty close, but red, yellow, and orange, were quite obvious. A quick glance back or a peak around the rider in front and I knew instantly who I was dealing with. Nice attention to detail. better than a sharpie tatt and way better than nothing at all.

Loved the color coded and laminated plates. This made life so much easier. light blue and white are pretty close, but red, yellow, and orange, were quite obvious. A quick glance back or a peak around the rider in front and I knew instantly who I was dealing with. Nice attention to detail. better than a sharpie tatt and way better than nothing at all.

In hindsight, that worked out well. The color-coded plates work looking both forward and back. To the hindsight part - the calf marking would have been useful for about 15 minutes then all calves would have turned out to be "mud class". Thanks to Pearl and Capers for the work on the plates. I had asked for the backside of the plates to have this printed along the top: "You paid for this pain!" It was set to go but somehow got missed in the end. Not sure how many of you would have liked that by 3:00 yesterday :)

Norm-

this was clearly a race put on by people that have raced themselves.

and Re: post race refreshments, I'm throwing out my "Recoverite" and getting a keg of Yuengling. I feel great today.

In hindsight, that worked out well. The color-coded plates work looking both forward and back. To the hindsight part - the calf marking would have been useful for about 15 minutes then all calves would have turned out to be "mud class". Thanks to Pearl and Capers for the work on the plates. I had asked for the backside of the plates to have this printed along the top: "You paid for this pain!" It was set to go but somehow got missed in the end. Not sure how many of you would have liked that by 3:00 yesterday :)

Thank you Norm and all of the MTBNJ crew! The Babes & Beer section was a great moral booster, the food & beer was great and another prop for Chris @ the Halters tent for giving my bike the ability to shift gears for my last lap! Everything from the sign-in to the end was seamless and it showed a ton of race experience was involved, Thanks!

and finally, has anyone found lou? i parked him, he registered and last i saw him he was sleeping in his car.

Jake, I have text confirmation that Lou is alive and feeling a bit better :puke:

first, congratulations on pulling off a fantastic event (from what I've read/heard and saw for the first 1.5 hours I was there)... second, let me apologize to any and everyone I may or may not have spoken to or interacted with - I was completely out of it...

I'm feeling better... just a little weak... you know - like I've been throwing up :rolleyes: a lot... so anyway... the night before I ate the same pre race pasta dish from Cheesecake Factory... I woke up a little queasy at 5 and ate my pancakes w/ strawberries and bananas like usual before a race by the time I got there I was really nauseous and threw up in front of Pearl and Mandi about 15 minutes after I parked... no biggie - maybe I got it out of my system - but I still felt like crap... about another 30 minutes and I threw up in the pit area by Pearl and all I had in me was water at that point... drank some more water to try to stay hydrated and a few mins before staging I was across from the reg table and threw up in the vicinity of Colin and Pearl and said F this... maybe Pearl makes me nauseous :hmmm:... I couldn't even keep water down... went to my car and changed and figured this is a 6 hour event so I tried to sleep it off for a bit... at 10:15 I woke up and threw up again... saw Sheryl coming back from her first lap and talked a few mins... then I went down to the pit area emptied my bottles and dragged my sorry ass and the cooler back to my car and went home... threw up 4 more times on the drive home but I got a cool pint glass, sticker, and t shirt...

shout out to my peeps for checking on me... much appreciated... :puke:

Last edited:
Damn! Sounds like you had a rough day. When I saw you I knew you looked a bit under the weather, but I figured it was just nerves. Did you drink the night before?

Hope you are feeling better today! There's the 4 hour race at Allamuchy - you can redeem yourself there!

Holy Shit I'm gassed, after arriving at Darkhorse Headquaters Friday to mark coarse with Mike Rave in the rain to just now getting home and unloading my car. I feel like I just did 10 rounds with Tyson! I am so glad that this went off with so many happy racers as that was the goal to give you all something to say wow! Huge thanks to DH crew for so many things and awesome to hear George say we hit it out of the park. Great job everyone now trying to get caught up on everything I missed here and sleep...

Damn! Sounds like you had a rough day. When I saw you I knew you looked a bit under the weather, but I figured it was just nerves. Did you drink the night before?

Hope you are feeling better today! There's the 4 hour race at Allamuchy - you can redeem yourself there!

no drinks and I'm not the nervous type... I don't really drink much to be honest... beers here and there and the occasional glass of wine... the only thing I ate that I normally don't was a burger and fries for lunch... but I felt fine Saturday night... idk about 4 hours at mooch - maybe, but I doubt it...

Last edited:
I saw Lou before the race, I can attest that he looked like shit. :) Felt bad for him.

Glad you feel sorta better. You're supposed to look that bad AFTER racing for 6 hours, not before!

no drinks and I'm not the nervous type... I don't really drink much to be honest... beers here and there and the occasional glass of wine... the only thing I ate that I normally don't was a burger and fries for lunch... but I felt fine Saturday night... idk about 4 hours at mooch - maybe, but I doubt it...

yeah dude, i thought you rolled outta the bar and into the race.

glad you're ok though.

Back
Top Bottom