Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Jamie and Lisa

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306176393.820195.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306176393.820195.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 243

Havoc

Well done Jersey! The Something Wicked Crew was in attendance and a great time was had by all! It's always great to participate in events put on by racers. We strive to have the same attention to detail in our events as you folks do. See you next year!!!

BTW Luke, hop a ride out to us in November like we spoke about. You'll have a great time!

wlee

First off I want to thank Norm for taking on the challenge which I`m sure gave him plenty of headaches, then to all th MTBNJ crew who helped out, everyone was amazing. Never saw so many people busting their buts and being so helpfull and smiling at all times.The beer, babe area was crazy cool sort of made you forget the pain while going through with all the cheering, good thing I really dont drink or I would of just hung right there.Also want to thank Matty and the guy from Halters for making a million trips to bring all our stuff there and most importantly back because there was zero energy when we were done, it hurt just to stand let alone carry things back.And the course well, my chamois felt like a very wet diaper like when you let your kid go swimming in a pool with it on,it was just flopping around and weighed about 10 pounds. I`ve never been forced to change completely in any race before and off course I didn`t stay dry for long. Fun, Fun, and more fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we cant forget to thank Luke for doing his thing in those conditions for that long, you must carry alot of batteries with you. Your the man ! MTBNJ Crew Rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm

One more important missing part of this race.
A wash station before the Babes and Beer so a guy can clean up alittle before he has to see all those great yelling screaming girls..
Other then that everything was great.

pbraun

Great Event

Thanks for putting on a great event. Special thanks to the MTBNJ crew who gave me a 29er tube after I flatted, pinched my spare tube and broke two tire irons trying to get the tire back on. I was just starting to walk back to the start when they showed up and saved my race. A great day. Well done!!

kimrey

In addition to thanking the mtbNJ crew and all the volunteers, I would like to thank Utah for cleaning and preparing his bike, loaning it to me to ride through some of the most beautiful mud in the world and then taking it home without expecting me to wash it. Just wish I could have road it as hard as you do. Anyway, I owe you a salad on Friday night.

Had a great time. Loved all the chop busting and race anecdotes at the swap point. It's funny how you can have a super comfortable, expensive pair of Mavic cycling shoes and just have to explain over and over how they were a gift. Wish I could have seen them after the mud got a hold of them.

I somehow managed to get my right foot soaked at the start of my lap and became increasingly annoyed at how long it took me to get my left foot wet just so I could have equilibrium. Second lap nearly destroyed me, made me wish that I rode my bike more than a couple of times a month and that I had worn chamois butter. Glad I had a wonderful wife to share the race with (love being one of the lucky ones who has a spouse that loves the ride).

What an absolute blast. Might just have to head back up this way next year.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I woke up a little queasy

Lou, tough break. Sorry to hear you were illin, I think there may be a bug going around. I was not feeling great the night before myself and know some other folks who had stomach issues as well. Hopefully you can make the Mooch enduro.

Matty great job as MC and all around get the job done guy. I think your truck did 60+ miles going up and down New Rd.

Something Wicked guys get my vote for coolest pit setup. That tent was as bad ass as the tats on the sleeveless guy...sorry don't know name.:D See you end of Nov. at CP. or Mooch Madness in August?

It was very rewarding for me to help out for this event and I appreciate the support from friends & folks who came out to race. Thanks Dark Horse for showing us the ropes.

Pampa

I cannot begin to say how much "good" envy I have (I didn't race). Through the posts and pics it shows everyone had a wonderful time. Congratulations to the MTBNJ crew and everyone that volunteered, and also to everyone that raced.

BTW, I have to say I was thinking beforehand this would be a really fun event and was thinking about going just to cheer/volunteer. It was a tough sell at home though (after Tymor I traveled last week and this week I'm traveling as well).

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In addition to thanking the mtbNJ crew and all the volunteers, I would like to thank Utah for cleaning and preparing his bike, loaning it to me to ride through some of the most beautiful mud in the world and then taking it home without expecting me to wash it. Just wish I could have road it as hard as you do. Anyway, I owe you a salad on Friday night.

Had a great time. Loved all the chop busting and race anecdotes at the swap point. It's funny how you can have a super comfortable, expensive pair of Mavic cycling shoes and just have to explain over and over how they were a gift. Wish I could have seen them after the mud got a hold of them.

I somehow managed to get my right foot soaked at the start of my lap and became increasingly annoyed at how long it took me to get my left foot wet just so I could have equilibrium. Second lap nearly destroyed me, made me wish that I rode my bike more than a couple of times a month and that I had worn chamois butter. Glad I had a wonderful wife to share the race with (love being one of the lucky ones who has a spouse that loves the ride).

What an absolute blast. Might just have to head back up this way next year.

lol, ya dad, you picked some great conditions to ask for a loner! No big deal, hope you liked it. When mom starts making the big bucks she can buy you the new carbon version :)

And stop saying that! goonies never say die!

walter

Fourth Party
One more important missing part of this race.
A wash station before the Babes and Beer so a guy can clean up alittle before he has to see all those great yelling screaming girls..
Other then that everything was great.

Mitch, I thought you told us you used baby wipes to freshen up before you came out of the woods:hmmm:

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mitch, I thought you told us you used baby wipes to freshen up before you came out of the woods:hmmm:

Walt, you saw me. Did I look like I used baby wipes. I used my gloves and spit!:drooling:

Robin

Great to see everyone out there yesterday!!! It was nice to put names and face together!

As part of the cheering section at the aid/beer tents, the many highlights of my day included seeing people's frowns turn up-side down as they came through the area. I actually have a blister on my finger from the cowbell handle!

I applaud all of you that participated yesterday - hope to see all of you on the trails!

rocknrollgirl

Was that you at the finish? That was hilarious. I was afraid to even think about stopping! There was an older guy who was saying he was thinking about it and you yelled that he had to let you know. And then I came through and you looked at me for like one second and just said "You've got another lap" or something like that. I was afraid you'd beat me up if I said I wanted to stop.

Who me????:D:D:D

Well, me and Sherry....

TedH

Well done everyone. Organization and spirit earned very high marks. I made the comment to Norm yesterday that the only thing I didn't like were how rapidly my skills deteriorated, especially near the last drop in on those sketchy rocks.

And for those of you upset at not running a FS, I ran a Thudbuster ST and feel really good today. Took enough of the edge off riding a hardtail and didn't change leg length that I noticed. A very worthy investment for the hard tail rider.

Top Bottom