The Scriptless Winter of 2015

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Nov. 8, 2015
It has been a long year. Some of it is recapped, some of it isn’t. I’ll visit that in another episode. This is the first day (well minus our cruise we took at the end of May) that I have not been waking up in the morning and checking my email to see what I’m supposed to do for the rest of the week. Freedom. Kind of like being in jail that you put yourself in. You can leave whenever you want, but you know if you stay, it's for the best.

Friday was the last day of school and Sunday was the last day of the year end test. It does sort of feel like a weight is lifted off of my shoulders. Feel a little lighter. I didn’t have to pack my bike in a rush after I ate breakfast, didn’t have to charge my light, pack my clothes. I just went to work, like a normal person would.

I apply the pressure though. The sacrifices, the energy and focus into specific goals. I could live without it, but the feeling of being prepared for an event or season is something you cannot explain. You work hard and the hard work rewards you. The balance is tricky. The mental game is probably the hardest.

I will vouch to write something short every day (250 words or less), and take pictures every day.

DF6ABB91-3B90-4FEB-B6A0-5FC71BA6F4AF_zps94zsmm8e.jpg

Manville Pizza.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Recap every day? Subscribed.

Great effort this year son! I wish your races weren't so late so I could have watched and heckled.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nov. 8, 2015

I apply the pressure though. The sacrifices, the energy and focus into specific goals. I could live without it, but the feeling of being prepared for an event or season is something you cannot explain. You work hard and the hard work rewards you. The balance is tricky. The mental game is probably the hardest.

Nice to have you back.

We all need to apply the pressure on ourselves from time to time. If we don't challenge ourselves we become lame. This is true not only for racing but in our every day life(job, relationships, hobbies, interests). The old cliche holds true...rather try and fail, than never try at all. In your case you tried and succeeded...but even if you failed the process of trying opens doors along the way and we learn from it.

Congrats on a strong cx season.

The Kalmyk

Good stuff @pearl . I often ask myself if I should dive into something structured for the experience. Anyway, looking forward to following this thread. Go cx!

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A. You remind me of a guy who used to be around these parts.

B. Was the "New Pearl" full after half a slice?

C. If you center all your entries, I will drive over there and punch you in the dick.

D. Kirt cannot read that font.

E. Congrats on the rewards of all your hard work. Much deserved.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok I did not realize you took the state championship, kudos James that is very impressive. Now get back to funny Gifs.

@pooriggy lame is relative in my case lame on bike riding yes, lame in my business not. Because of my work it has made my bike riding lame. Kinda like being super structured in one thing and not posting funny Gifs.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was a long year for you. 1/1 – 11/8 ?

You had a great year with successful short track, H2H, Roth Rock, and then a really awesome cross season (just naming the things I also participated in.. so I may have missed some). It would be too bad if you skip over any end of season recap. Maybe take some more time off and then think about it.

Top Bottom