The Road to Somewhere

xc62701

IMG_6292.JPG
Here's that t-shirt. Not sure if it was worth all the pain. I'm ready for another nap today.

xc62701

Actually the forearm isn't that bad but the finger sucks. I ripped open the knuckle when I fell and I hope it's not broken. I can still bend it but it's pretty swollen and is really annoying.
IMG_6293.JPG

xc62701

The hand and arm are getting better but that's the least of my worries right now. I'm playing the waiting game now as my wife thinks she is close to giving birth. I'm doing housework intervals in preparation for the loss of time after the baby comes. It could be any minute now or a couple of weeks still. Really I hope it is soon because she is just miserable every day and just wants the baby to be born. I know as the baby gets closer to term the less likely it is to have issues so there's that. I know they make their own schedule so it's gonna come when it can. She has a dr appt today so hopefully we can get some kind of heads up as to when to expect the baby. Today is 3 weeks prior to the expected date so it's definitely well within the no fly zone to leave and go for long rides. I've got my phone at the ready.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The hand and arm are getting better but that's the least of my worries right now. I'm playing the waiting game now as my wife thinks she is close to giving birth. I'm doing housework intervals in preparation for the loss of time after the baby comes. It could be any minute now or a couple of weeks still. Really I hope it is soon because she is just miserable every day and just wants the baby to be born. I know as the baby gets closer to term the less likely it is to have issues so there's that. I know they make their own schedule so it's gonna come when it can. She has a dr appt today so hopefully we can get some kind of heads up as to when to expect the baby. Today is 3 weeks prior to the expected date so it's definitely well within the no fly zone to leave and go for long rides. I've got my phone at the ready.
C section, we made the schedule :cool:

xc62701

Usually C sections are scheduled a week early unless it’s emergency c. Good luck homie

Thanks! Good luck to you two as well.

We went to the dr appt yesterday and they said things are all good. She is considered carrying full term at this point and they said that the baby will come when it wants to. It could be today or in 3 weeks. Who knows. She's progressing well but just miserable. I want to meet my baby but I want it to stay cooking to keep it healthy too.

xc62701

The second best part to having my son born was the trip to the hospital. I may or may not have run 4 red lights and got pulled over by a cop for speeding a little too fast. I explained to him that I couldn't wait and he let us go. That was entertaining before all of the serious birthing stuff went down.

xc62701

I'm officially unemployed for the summer! I have plenty to do but that fact is nice. I'll be returning for the next school year but for the meantime it's great to be home with my wife and newborn.

Yes I'm not sleeping, but besides that I'm actually getting stuff done at home which is nice - AND - I'm working on a ride schedule. All that makes me happy. And beer.

xc62701

Ok so who's familiar with dueling banjos? Holy shit. Yesterday my MIL brought my almost 2 year old Louisa back home. It's been nice to have less stress but I missed her so much. She comes home and all is good but she's been in a new sleeping pattern at grandmas. So she takes a while to go to sleep - crying longer than usual, and she is finally asleep. Mom and myself try to go to bed at 11 with our 5 day old Thomas. We know it's choppy sleep but now comes the fun part.

Louisa will wake up when Thomas cries and Thomas settles down quickly. But Louisa keeps screaming for the next 30 mins. Rinse and repeat. Considering Thomas is feeding every hour to hour and a half it's hell. At one point we were both bleary eyed staring at each other knowing we weren't going to sleep at all. Holy shit I think at 4 we finally got a little sleep.

This was still going on at 6 but I think we were starting to be able to ignore some of it. I know it will get better as we go but damn it's rough for the meantime. Good thing I'm good with only a little sleep. I can somehow function. But for how long? I thought some of you dads would appreciate this. I was thinking of painting my trim in the middle of the night since I'd be up anyway. Or re-stansing my tires. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

Top Bottom