The Road to Somewhere

xc62701

Last week went pretty well on the riding front. I have been trying to ride and beat myself up a bit and it's working. After all of the road miles the previous week and then a lot of dirt miles this past week I'm tired. I rode the trainer Thursday and felt flat, and got a flat. Friday I rode SoMo and it was great to be back there. Saturday I did some riding/exploring on the rougher side of Splitrock(aka Fugawe and beyond) and then Nassau yesterday morning. I can say my body is beat. A couple of times I went to get up from sitting at a chair yesterday afternoon and I barely made it. Lol. I'm hitting my goal. So for now it's going to be a lighter week. I figure I'll do an easy recovery road ride today. Wednesday I'm going to get in Splitrock for a flowier loop followed by easy trainer Thursday and a Tourne ride Friday. Saturday I hope to get out and get a few hours in before all this snow hits. At this point it looks like it's going to be a MTB killer at this point so I'll need to get out there before it blankets the trails. I'm thinking a Stephens/Mooch ride will be in order at this point. So that's the plan.

xc62701

I forgot to add in my rear tire gash from Saturday. Just cruising along a fireroad of course and something rips my rear tire open on the fatty. Not just a puncture but a 1/4" hole in the tread. So it looks like that tire is in need of replacing. Thankfully I had a tube and @JimN had a tire boot for me it lasted on some of the rockiest stuff in the area. Although the next morning I grabbed the tire to see how well it held the pressure and I popped the bead off the tire as it was completely flat. Time to mortgage a new fatty tire.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I forgot to add in my rear tire gash from Saturday.

It was pretty cool to see your rear tire explode and shoot Stans all over the place :p

Kind of funny that it happened like half a mile in, on the easiest terrain of the ride.

xc62701

So yesterday I had the plan of going for 2 days with just the Isagenix shakes to help springboard some weightloss and break the bad food habit. Breakfast went as planned. Then I sat the whole day in a freezing classroom(53 degrees). So lunch I ran out of the building and headed home with the thought of Burger King in my head. I was so miserable from the cold that I just didn't care. Along the way home I had my usual moral debate and went back and forth and I finally talked myself into just grabbing a pb&j when I got home instead. That was a big win right there. Dinner I had a clean meal and the rest of the day went well. So now I'm back to trying today with just shakes. It'll be interesting as I'm hoping to ride after work(before the rain). So hopefully I can get some time in before the rains come and see how that feels on 700 calories prior in the day.

The funny part is that I have a formula that works, and I know it works to drop weight and gain fitness. It's the will power that needs to be there that hasn't been lately. The family is killing me. If I were single and had no responsibilities I'd be in race shape already. But the lack of sleeping, the stress of dealing with the kids with and without them being sick, and the general responsibilities of a homeowner are really putting a damper on my plans. Stuff just keeps getting me sidetracked and the weather doesn't help either. Lately it's either pouring rain or absolutely frigid and it's tough to get outside after work or after dinner. I know there's the trainer but I still avoid it when I can. At this point I know it's still early in the season but the race season is sneaking up pretty quickly. I can make excuses now but once February is here I can't really justify it any more. I know its about putting in the work and I've gotta get on that.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
wait until the kids have real leftovers on their plates, and it takes everything you have to not finish it off!!!

i'm rocking some GNC shakes this week to start to get back to normal habits, although the 4 hours outside yesterday
triggered grazing the leftovers - luckily it was mostly protein.

rain is coming, fire up the trainer.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ya Ryan, this adult shit sucks :)

Dinner is my issue, rest of the day I never have an issue...Just the 5-6 hours of sleep I get means that im usually exhausted by 8pm....so I need to keep away from all food after like 7. Putting a lock on my kitchen cabinet for my wife to lock up all of the junk food she lives on has helped tremendously.

I also stopped eating my breakfast as soon as I got up....Now I just have coffee, then eat my breakfast at like 9am

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ya Ryan, this adult shit sucks :)

Dinner is my issue, rest of the day I never have an issue...Just the 5-6 hours of sleep I get means that im usually exhausted by 8pm....so I need to keep away from all food after like 7. Putting a lock on my kitchen cabinet for my wife to lock up all of the junk food she lives on has helped tremendously.

I also stopped eating my breakfast as soon as I got up....Now I just have coffee, then eat my breakfast at like 9am

im not tired that early, but am the same way with food, im good all day and then after dinner i go into 'goldfish mode' (eat until you explode?). i know i can break it if i can resist for a 1-2 weeks, then it gets easier, but what iv been trying now is to just not eat early in the am (late breakfast) the spread my lunch out instead of eating it all at once ill eat some at lunch time, some at 2 some as i leave work at 330 . . . has been helping to prevent the binge when i walk in the door from work, still need to figure out the almost bed time part, but progress is progress. . .

xc62701

That's something I'm debating and I'm going to give it a try. Usually my routine is I get up at 5:20 and I have a shake for breakfast at 6. Rarely am I actually hungry at 6 but that's my time. If I could wait until say 8:00 when I have a break that would be better for breakfast. But then my lunch is 12:45 and dinner is 7:00. That's the hardest gap for me to get through. I try to snack on healthy stuff but the cravings hit hard and I find when I'm in the rut I have a second lunch or early dinner somewhere in there. When I'm good I can graze on carrots and fruit in the meantime but cheeseburgers just taste so much better.

xc62701

still need to figure out the almost bed time part, but progress is progress. . .

I'm usually good with the bedtime part. I'll have a small piece of chocolate or italian ice before bed and it gives me some sweets without going overboard. I think part of my problem is that when I'm good - I'm overly good. Then when I cheat I want to go crazy instead of having a modest cheat. It all goes out the window when I'm super stressed and shit is going crazy at home.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You gotta find something that motivates you when your will power is tested. I have a few things I keep in the back of my mind that I think about when temptation rears its head. Bad races, getting dropped, fuckheads that are faster... you get it.

Works for me. Usually.

Top Bottom