The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Dingo

One of the ones I had, 1962 MKII with a 3.8 motor. I got it running, but never put it on the road. Needed way to much that I could not afford.
View attachment 97299
The first time I ever saw rear disc brakes, was on one of those. The thing was a rusty clapped out pos in 1975. It was left for dead behind Berkeley Heights animal hospital.

The owner had died and for some reason it was parked out back, in the dog run area. Black with red leather.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
mg b or sprite (no bug eyes)

i wonder if she'd go for the thunderbird - i doubt it. besides, i can get an mgb under 10k which would leave another 10k to
fix it the first bunch of years.
I like that the T-Bird is slightly custom, looks a lot better with those wheels not so stuffy.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
2019 mx-5 grand touring just went on the list. Why that instead of the Fiat 124 I dunno.

Because somehow the Fiat will be less reliable, and once you see the stupid fender/bumper line gap that the Fiat 124 has, you cannot un-see it.

I think they really did a good job with the new Miata. I'd consider one used if they're at a decent price in a few years. Lightweight, power is OK, manual transmission.

serviceguy

Because somehow the Fiat will be less reliable, and once you see the stupid fender/bumper line gap that the Fiat 124 has, you cannot un-see it.

I think they really did a good job with the new Miata. I'd consider one used if they're at a decent price in a few years. Lightweight, power is OK, manual transmission.

Not sure about more or less reliable being basically the same car, but that front bumper going back all the way almost to the top of the wheel well just doesn't make any aesthetic sense.

In general I don't like when they simply re-brand an established model and and then claim they ' brought back' an icon car such as the FIAT 124 spider. The original is one of the few cars I would really like to own if I had enough simoleons, along with the Lancia Fulvia and the Alfa Romeo GTV (which would be my real dream car).

fiat-124-spider.jpg

lancia-fulvia-ebay-1525720561cl48p-700x466.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, to me I'd rather buy the Miata as a Miata, then as a re-branded 124. It's a Miata and everyone knows that.

Same thing with the new Supra. Everyone looks at it and just calls it a re-branded Z4.

Patrick, you'd have to convince @MissJR it's a good decision. :)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yeah, to me I'd rather buy the Miata as a Miata, then as a re-branded 124. It's a Miata and everyone knows that.

Same thing with the new Supra. Everyone looks at it and just calls it a re-branded Z4.

Patrick, you'd have to convince @MissJR it's a good decision. :)

Maybe right on time for a milestone b'day?

Top Bottom