The Original BIYF 18/19

Johnny Utah

Times have been updated as of this spot. Give it 5 minutes for the tally on page one to add up.

Looks like the colder weather as well as the push into the non-holiday season is starting to separate the pack.

Bonus for 1/7 through 1/13 work on Rick's Riddle (I think the cat is out of the bag)! If you made your bonus it has not yet been added as @@rick81721 will provide me a list at the end of the week.

Keep this Format:
Date:
Ride Time:
Bonus:
Total Time:

Enter Strava Link Here:

Enter Pictures/Story Here

rick81721

Lothar
1/11

2:24

Strava: Back to singletrack

I could ride this place twice a week - it's like having your own personal canal side of six mile run in perfect conditions - every day. I ran into other mtbers there (just 2 guys) for only the second time in like 15 rides.

Anywho, a pic of the trail

IMG_20190111_112004_933.jpg

Gotta keep the bridge pics coming - this might be the smallest one

IMG_20190111_112510_089.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
01/11/19
1:07
Bonus: Maybe Rick will like this one

You Never Sad When You Getting Rad

There is this new bridge at Mercer that is pretty awesome from an architectural perspective and I thought it would be cool to manual across it for the bridge riddle challenge. The height is a tad nerve racking and I knew with today's wind it would be a little sketchy. But hey man, when it time to get rad, can't be thinking like a dad. So here is my offical bridge riddle submission. I included a still shot because @rick81721 said a picture, not a video.

E31401CA-DE6E-4095-9478-F232FC416D22.jpeg

Johnny Utah

01/11/19

There is this new bridge at Mercer that is pretty awesome from an architectural perspective and I thought it would be cool to manual across it for the bridge riddle challenge. The height is a tad nerve racking and I knew with today's wind it would be a little sketchy. But hey man, when it time to get rad, can't be thinking like a dad. So here is my offical bridge riddle submission. I included a still shot because @rick81721 said a picture, not a video.

View attachment 85117

Michael_Knight_KITT.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
01/11/19

View attachment 85117

Congrats, your bonus is up to 0:45 for the skinniest bridge ?

Hot Action

1/11
Time: 3:06

https://www.strava.com/activities/2071424333/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-US&v=1547232109

Yesterday was horrible, this morning was glorious. Sunshine, cool temps, pavement dirt, EMPTY trails.

This was my first ride in awhile on my alloy AM hardtail (my big bike). I recently replaced the stock 120 air spring on the 2015 Pike RC with a 140 debonAir spring. I wanted a more old school endurbro setup with higher bars and BB, pedal strikes suck and I had more on this bike than any other, ever. New spring felt amazing and now has initial softness in the top of the travel, more like Fox. I recommend this cheap upgrade ($33) to anyone with an older Pike, Yari or Lyrik.......Ride on!!

40DEDA1E-A843-4109-B02A-21E4F894A7FC.jpeg

thegock

Date: 1/11
Ride Time: 1:25
Bonus:
Total Time: 1:25

Enter Strava Link Here:

https://www.strava.com/activities/2071718193#kudos

Enter Pictures/Story Here:

ROCK SLAB IMG_20181231_074520-01.jpg

Moved some trash off this trail. Great to ride on frozen ground instead of mud for the first time in a month or two. If only because I am getting tired of cleaning my bike and clothes for hours every week. Made it easy to take the 30 degree temps with a bit less wind than yesterday.

w_b

1/11
1:23

RUEP?

It was nice to be back in here and not have to turn around in the first 5 minutes due to crap trail conditions. The low spots on red and green were still not completely frozen, but will be by now. Stoopit conference calls backtobacktoback cramped my ex-scape plan til almost 3, so had to cut it short due to failing daylight and distracted commuters.

37D87EBA-D7E7-4E35-B242-02147F4A020D.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom