The Original BIYF 18/19

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I haven't seen any boobs in this thread or I would have been all over it...doesn't make sense!

Base-in-your-face

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Before the days of Strava and Zwift there was a time where the only data one could collect was from a GPS unit or a bike computer. There were a few people from the board that were training like crazy (@Norm was one, kush, who else...? doesn’t matter) and an idea brewed up. Track your miles, get out earlier, ride in the cold, blah blah blah, all to get those base miles in along with some competition. The first run was a mess but it was an experiment. We had bonus points for speed (yeah, didn’t make a whole lot of sense for base miles) temps, precip, if you ate an apple, GPS Art, Xmas pictures, you name it. We changed the rules around, people got frustrated. It was messy but it stuck. Second year was simpler, but people bowed out fast. It’s evolved to now this. Strava has made it totally different, but it’s to motivate people who want to ride. It works if you don’t jump off the wagon.

thegock

Nice picture of @rick81721 in the foreground of the OG Strava club page.

1544542989680.png

thegock

Base-in-your-face

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Before the days of Strava and Zwift there was a time where the only data one could collect was from a GPS unit or a bike computer. There were a few people from the board that were training like crazy (@Norm was one, kush, who else...? doesn’t matter) and an idea brewed up. Track your miles, get out earlier, ride in the cold, blah blah blah, all to get those base miles in along with some competition. The first run was a mess but it was an experiment. We had bonus points for speed (yeah, didn’t make a whole lot of sense for base miles) temps, precip, if you ate an apple, GPS Art, Xmas pictures, you name it. We changed the rules around, people got frustrated. It was messy but it stuck. Second year was simpler, but people bowed out fast. It’s evolved to now this. Strava has made it totally different, but it’s to motivate people who want to ride. It works if you don’t jump off the wagon.

Focus on the shell of the 10-K.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
FTR Base-In-Your-Face came from Ben Folds Five “For Those Ya’ll That Wear Fanny Packs” off Naked Baby Photos. I don’t care if you like Phish or the heaviest of Metal or the hardest Hard Core, it is pure gold and should be listened to by anyone with a sense of humor at least annually.

serviceguy

You had me for about 30 seconds (your reply to my post), and then it was gone again! Never mind but thanks anyway...

Top Bottom