And fak3 TM

IMG_20161012_115227.jpg

Curved Silky FTW

1/15
1:54 Moving time
+0:20 Donnie Darko
2:14 Total with Bonus

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Sidewalks

Got out a full hour earlier than the other night. Din't feel like another Eagle or Eagle Reverse, wasn't feeling the Turnpike Shuffle; so last light I went across the river to the other side of the valley. Someday when I have daylight I'mma gunna ride to 6MR from my house. It's not really that far past where I was, just got to figure a route to not get killed on 27 or S. Middlebush.

Made it somewhat of a loop, as I returned back past @Bike N Gear, then down Demott to the towpath footbridge.
Also of note, this is my fifth consecutive day with qualifying ride. I know; I know, we'll talk in three days when it's eight consecutive. Slackin on the pics in the cold. Ride on!

1/15

Someday when I have daylight I'mma gunna ride to 6MR from my house. It's not really that far past where I was, just got to figure a route to not get killed on 27 or S. Middlebush.

You can just go through Johnson Park and pick up the towpath on the other side of the Landing Lane bridge. Gotta be less dangerous than riding through Franklin, no?

NEDS TALK IMG_20181219_191908-01.jpg

1/15
1:54 Moving time
+0:20 Donnie Darko
2:14 Total with Bonus

Got out a full hour earlier than the other night. Din't feel like another Eagle or Eagle Reverse, wasn't feeling the Turnpike Shuffle; so last light I went across the river to the other side of the valley. Someday when I have daylight I'mma gunna ride to 6MR from my house. It's not really that far past where I was, just got to figure a route to not get killed on 27 or S. Middlebush.

Made it somewhat of a loop, as I returned back past @Bike N Gear, then down Demott to the towpath footbridge.
Also of note, this is my fifth consecutive day with qualifying ride. I know; I know, we'll talk in three days when it's eight consecutive. Slackin on the pics in the cold. Ride on!

i've done that from edison a couple of times...and two different ways

this ride took me via Franklin Blvd and then Rte 27. to be honest, both roads are not bad at all for riding - wide shoulders. just be sure to have lights / hi-vis because, well, because...

https://www.strava.com/activities/1680498777

1547650472135.png

and this one i took the towpath, which is obviously just a hell of a lot longer, but no cars so there's that!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1164788830

1547650609977.png

You can just go through Johnson Park and pick up the towpath on the other side of the Landing Lane bridge. Gotta be less dangerous than riding through Franklin, no?

View attachment 85587

That doesn't get you to 6mr tho, unless you go all the way up thru piscataway and back down. Most direct would be to hop on 27 and take that to the ball field lot. I've ridden both 27 and s. Middlebush in that area, I'd take 27

this ride took me via Franklin Blvd and then Rte 27. to be honest, both roads are not bad at all for riding - wide shoulders. just be sure to have lights / hi-vis because, well, because...

View attachment 85589

and this one i took the towpath, which is obviously just a hell of a lot longer, but no cars so there's that!

View attachment 85590

Yeah this. You're a brave man to venture from Edison all the way to 6mr?

View attachment 85589

View attachment 85590

BEAST!

where's the Grove exactly?

You rode right past it on Franklin Boulevard. Pine Grove School is on your left at the junction with Highland Ave- the apartments right next to it. Parkside is between Hamilton Street and 27- i will put a guarentee that you will get stuck for your bike at Parkside if you cut through there at night and the right person happens to be out.

You're fine on Franklin Blvd. Not that you have a reason too, but don't stop in the cuts. And I'm not being an alarmist. I only got to play in there because I was decent at basketball and was always with the right people.

Last edited:
1/16

0 pts (0:25)

Strava Faux run

Past the halfway mark of Jan and realized I haven't done a run yet this year. It was certainly cool enough outside to do a real run but have also been slacking off on weight training and my once huge guns are visibly down in caliber. Lest they turn into twigs like @stb222 , gotta hit the gym at least once a week, so easier to just do a treadmill run, followed directly by weights.

Back to the bike tomorrow with Bob

You rode right past it on Franklin Boulevard. Pine Grove School is on your left at the junction with Highland Ave- the apartments right next to it. Parkside is between Hamilton Street and 27- i will put a guarentee that you will get stuck for your bike at Parkside if you cut through there at night and the right person happens to be out.

You're fine on Franklin Blvd. Not that you have a reason too, but don't stop in the cuts. And I'm not being an alarmist. I only got to play in there because I was decent at basketball as was always with the right people.
that's crazy...my son played travel baseball and pop warner football against Franklin Twp all the time back in the day, so we were constantly at the fields right across from those apts. thanks for the tip!

1/16

0 pts (0:25)

Strava Faux run

Past the halfway mark of Jan and realized I haven't done a run yet this year. It was certainly cool enough outside to do a real run but have also been slacking off on weight training and my once huge guns are visibly down in caliber. Lest they turn into twigs like @stb222 , gotta hit the gym at least once a week, so easier to just do a treadmill run, followed directly by weights.

Back to the bike tomorrow with Bob

You mean I have run more than you this year?!?

Back
Top Bottom