The Original BIYF 18/19

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Our complaint was the de-evolution into including fake riding, and even running. Start/end times are arbitrary and of little importance, only that it should cover winter riding.

I get it, you can't take another week of riding harder, man up!

co-erection. was adding a division for athletes who wanted to combine indoor and outdoor training.
Hence Outdoor Studs vs Weenies...

admit scraping the strava group takes away from all the cool pics and stories, but could have added bonus for incentive.
maybe call that fakeTime?

i can also find the post where you claimed i was starting late, rather than the first day of winter. So are dates really arbitrary?

#freeKev

rick81721

Lothar
i can also find the post where you claimed i was starting late, rather than the first day of winter. So are dates really arbitrary?

#freeKev

Start is more important than ending, should start with beginning of winter. Starting on the biggest family holiday of the year is silly.

#freeutah!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Start is more important than ending, should start with beginning of winter. Starting on the biggest family holiday of the year is silly.

#freeutah!

ending on a high note is more important than when it starts - it provides the feeling of accomplishment, and launches the race season,
rather than dragging it on....

not everyone is christian, but there was much excitement to use the new trainer.

1553343457345.png

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
co-erection. was adding a division for athletes who wanted to combine indoor and outdoor training.
Hence Outdoor Studs vs Weenies...

admit scraping the strava group takes away from all the cool pics and stories, but could have added bonus for incentive.
maybe call that fakeTime?

#freeKev
Alright, we are outdoor studs ?

11C112C4-8CC4-450C-B011-DD4402991863.png

thegock

Date: 3/22
Ride Time: 1:42
Bonus: no
Total Time: 1:42

Enter Strava Link Here: WIND HILL

Enter Pictures/Story Here: Just before I took this picture, I stopped behind a park signboard to get out of the wind for a phone call. My younger friend of 48 years is burying his younger 56 year old brother and I had to return his call, hurrying to ride off of a 10 foot tall dike, which was dead into the 18 mph wind.

WATR WHEL IMG_20190322_152639-01.jpg

Not everyone gets a full ride.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I’m not sure why it never started/ended on the first/last day of winter.

It was more of, the competition is over except for @thegock and @w_b so why keep it going? Average daily temp is forecasted in the 50’s next week and over 60 after Thursday. Spring is here so let’s close this chapter.
I originally voted to keep it but will go with the majority. How many votes do we have to end it tomorrow vs end it next Sunday?

thegock

It was more of, the competition is over except for @thegock and @w_b so why keep it going? Average daily temp is forecasted in the 50’s next week and over 60 after Thursday. Spring is here so let’s close this chapter.

1. Rules are the rules. I don't remember what #freeutah and @SNOWFAK3 decided, but @rick81721 a/t/h spoken. I don't particularly like these cheese moving moments ( like @Mtbdog , aight?). A couple of years ago, I rode 8 weeks to try to win mortal and was upgraded to Elite non factor. BTW, when I won a CAT 3 race, I upgraded to CAT 2 and won that race. #nosandbagging

2. Whatever you do is fine and not likely to affect my riding plan, which is to ride every day unless health, work or family take precedence and do the TM that I think is more important. No stupid riddles, no dopey bonuses. No gerbiling indoors (the pedals are still on the floor next to the KKRM that came in December.)

3. #freeutah
BLUE BIRD IMG_20190305_113705-01.jpg

Mtbdog

IMO it should be stopped and scores totaled from the 3/21. my logic is 12/21-3/21? We may have people out there today needlessly, I see w.b. already has a ride logged.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Further review it is retroactively end a contest to the first day of spring that is still in motion vs next Sunday. Shouldn’t we decide it’s concluded and then have an end date unless we all want to go back in a time machine 3 months, make @Mtbdog elite then decide the end date :)

rick81721

Lothar
3/23

1:56

Strava a little better

Little longer ride today, felt stronger but no way near 100%. Ave speed improved but also had twice the headwind of yesterday so there's that.

Anywho, nothing of interest until I got to the intersection of 41S and Toledo Blade north. 41 is a major road, 3 lanes each way, and at this intersection there are also 2 turning lanes. I'm sitting first in one of the turning lanes, waiting for the green arrow, when the cars going N/S on Toledo blade get the their turn signal. A "Florida Man" in an old red pickup slows down as he turns in front of me, leans out the window and starts screaming "Get the fuck out of the road, you should be riding the sidewalks!!" I smiled and gave him the double bird salute. Always entertaining down here!

IMG_20190323_112414.jpg

#freeutah

rick81721

Lothar

Not moving the goalposts, and agree (believe it or not) with @thegock. Or here's an idea, lets go back and end it around 4pm on day 1 - I was the leader at that time - I win - yay me! I get to pay myself 150 clams.

w_b

IMO it should be stopped and scores totaled from the 3/21. my logic is 12/21-3/21? We may have people out there today needlessly, I see w.b. already has a ride logged.

There’s the difference again. Riding for me is never needless. I got no time for needless ish.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
So I reviewed the score board which was updated 3/22 and I am in 7th place in Mortals. If we redact the 22nd and go back to the first day of spring then I’m in 8th place. Good stuff. We go back a month and I was probably in 15th place. Time travel sucks.

thegock

Before I am banned for life, I want to thank #freeutah, @SNOWFAK3 and @stb222 for running the asylum. Without BIYF I wouldn't be down to 189 lbs, because I would have ridden a lot less.

I will work on my perpetually pissy mood next.

URIN EOFF IMG_20190303_150932-01.jpg

Date: 3/23
Ride Time: 1:25
Bonus:
Total Time: 1:25

Enter Strava Link Here: COOL WIND

Enter Pictures/Story Here:

My back is a bit more than a bit toasty, so starting up into the cold wind was extra tough. Short ride with some light TM.

Top Bottom