**The Official Fred-ish Thread**

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
@Pearl
Where's the pic of Dustin losing to the old people at Lew Mo?
Just because it was asked, @Dusty the Whale not looking fred'ish though
34631_408240028214_91491_n.jpg

@Pearl where’s the stb meme about riding competitive?
244079_111816708906769_4111763_o-3.JPG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
total fred today -

it is 70f out, i'm in a hurry, i grab wool socks and bib knickers. i have an excuse for the knickers, cause i have the same colors in std bib shorts. but the socks, wtf.
then i'm packing the bike, and have to wear my mtb shoes, so the cleat doesn't stick out (i have spd on the roadie - yes, they are single sided) - they are camo.
then add in the 'i want to be seen jersey in lime and neon blue' - and boom. #fred This isn't even addressing the stem issue.
Where i'm fairly sure at this point that nivek is correct. imma going up and out.

IMG_3299.JPG

@jdog will confirm my fredness.

Last edited:

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
total fred today -

it is 70f out, i'm in a hurry, i grab wool socks and bib knickers. i have an excuse for the knickers, cause i have the same colors in std bib shorts. but the socks, wtf.
then i'm packing the bike, and have to wear my mtb shoes, so the cleat doesn't stick out (i have spd on the roadie - yes, they are single sided) - they are camo.
then add in the 'i want to be seen jersey in lime and neon blue' - and boom. #fred This isn't even addressing the stem issue.
Where i'm fairly sure at this point that nivek is correct. imma going up and out.

View attachment 93202

Thought maybe you were dressed like this today.

E157292B-46A6-4249-81AD-031DC0DDC9C6.png

The Kalmyk

total fred today -

View attachment 93202

Come on Pat. No Fred going on. Just chalk it up as a heat shock protein ride.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
SOCKAGE.jpg

Since @MissJR and @seanrunnette were so gracious to provide the sock model pose, it was worth discussing.
Let's discuss sock height:
As you can see, just at or below the calf muscle in basically every situation. If you are starting to cover the calf, you are approaching questionable territory. If you are a man and covering your calf, start to question all of your life choices (while not pictured here, @ArmyOfNone is an offender here). If you are a woman, you are approaching dumb girl sock height level, which is typically just below the knee. @Dominique in this picture is is mid-calf, but still below dumb girl sock height level, and I think she is ok. Keep in mind, Sean is actually wearing a 16" sock because he is very tall, which Miss Junior is wearing a 4" sock. So you have to experiment with what sock height gets you to that calf level.

Now we all know @Santapez tries to dress in a way to seem like he gave no thought. For this post, we are ignoring whatever he is wearing as a shirt. THANKFULLY he passed on wearing an MTBNJ jersey with ankle level socks. If you find that your kit includes ankle level sock and especially gym sock grey or 80's wool sock grey, it is an area for improvement.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
If you find that your kit includes ankle level sock and especially gym sock grey or 80's wool sock grey, it is an area for improvement.
Is 2" above ankle acceptable? Also, what if it was originally black and faded to grey from repeated washing?

rick81721

Lothar
View attachment 93688
Since @MissJR and @seanrunnette were so gracious to provide the sock model pose, it was worth discussing.
As you can see, just at or below the calf muscle in basically every situation. If you are starting to cover the calf, you are approaching questionable territory. If you are a man and covering your calf, start to question all of your life choices (while not pictured here, @ArmyOfNone is an offender here). If you are a woman, you are approaching dumb girl sock height level, which is typically just below the knee. @Dominique in this picture is is mid-calf, but still below dumb girl sock height level, and I think she is ok. Keep in mind, Sean is actually wearing a 16" sock because he is very tall, which Miss Junior is wearing a 4" sock. So you have to experiment with what sock height gets you to that calf level.

Now we all know @Santapez tries to dress in a way to seem like he gave no thought. For this post, we are ignoring whatever he is wearing as a shirt. THANKFULLY he passed on wearing an MTBNJ jersey with ankle level socks. If you find that your kit includes ankle level sock and especially gym sock grey or 80's wool sock grey, it is an area for improvement.

All your "Yes"s are too high

BPaze

View attachment 93688

I am fred all the way I wear bright socks knee high soaked in permethrin to reduce tick coverage in spring and summer it has worked quite well because when i dont i get covered in them

Top Bottom