**The Official Fred-ish Thread**

roc

I will take the focus off Paul’s Niner(that could be taken the wrong way) and let Kev Rip(no Niner pun intended) on me. Here is some Fred material to work with. Ringwood ride this evening. As you can see the shorts are a little on the high side. Clearing a section of warm puppy. OOS version 2 jersey has the 90s skull and crossbones going on and wearing combat boots while riding flats. I did miss getting a crown on a popular segment by 2 spots- does that help offset the Fred factor?

View attachment 93809
No gloves? Don’t your hands start to slip when you get sweaty?

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I hit 44 or 47 on a road bike, can’t remember which, it was a long time ago. I was coming down a hill on Rt 24 from Mendham towards Morristown, right past Corey road. I was scared shitless, felt like 150 mph. My bars and front wheel started to wobble. Thank god, I was able to ride it out, without crashing. I would say that speed on a road bike feels a lot faster than my mountain bike.
Tempted to try a road bike but am afraid that I’ll get addicted to the speed.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Not true, glove choice by itself has no bearing. Well, unless you are wearing below 20 gloves when it is 80.
I always wear gloves(Fox). First time that I forgot them in years. What do you think of my new helmet-Troy Lee Designs. I finally got out of the 1990s(at least as far as the helmet goes).

BPaze

I will take the focus off Paul’s Niner(that could be taken the wrong way) and let Kev Rip(no Niner pun intended) on me. Here is some Fred material to work with. Ringwood ride this evening. As you can see the shorts are a little on the high side. Clearing a section of warm puppy. OOS version 2 jersey has the 90s skull and crossbones going on and wearing combat boots while riding flats. I did miss getting a crown on a popular segment by 2 spots- does that help offset the Fred factor?

View attachment 93809
I love the boots def not Fred just Vic

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I tried the Fanny pack thing, I just didn’t like it bouncing around.

Honestly I think the Bontrager one I use is probably the only well designed one. It hugs tight to the body and the material is very stretchy. I never notice it's there and it doesn't bounce around. Does not fit a ton of stuff and the hydration is a spot for a bottle in the middle.

Smaller ones seem like they'd be OK but a single pocket style (traditional fanny pack) seems like the stuff inside could bounce around and/or the whole thing.

Just like a camel back, it's convenient to grab something that has all your shit in it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Harlan wears a fanny pack which is kind of like Jordan walking on to the court with one. When you see the shit that guy does on a bike you figure he can wear anything he likes.
Yeah, Hunter Bikes and some of the other hip brands sell them, so it isn’t that they can’t be cool. Just didn’t work for me. Actually, still undecided but bib liners with pockets are a good in between.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
75D6FEA9-73F9-4807-9B7B-643462F17811.jpeg

Haha, better than expected

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Only 2 rides on my Air 9 RDO but so far so good.
It has a 5 yr warranty so thinking I should be ok. I had couple of questions and they have been pretty responsive.

BTW.... which is not acceptable? The Bianchi cap or roadie helmet?

Neither are acceptable on an MTB, in any combination. The road helmet is acceptable if your riding a road bike. The Bianchi cap is acceptable if that road bike happens to be a Bianchi. Baggy shorts and helmet with a visor on the MTB. at race time, I guess all bets are off, you’ll blend in with the rest of the Fred herd. Same principle as how the police can’t arrest everyone at a riot, only then slow ones that can’t run away fast enough.

Top Bottom