the next big thing - Super Monster Cross?

Sevenz

nice, I was looking at a green one with fenders
thoughts on the ride?

Like a Benz S-Class or a BMW 7 Series...Plush...Bumps, Ruts etc disappear under it. I'm not going to capture any climbing KOM's on it but it's super stable descending and It a good change from my fast and twitchy SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod... Looking forward to some gravel and bikepacking trips in the near future.

qclabrat

Like a Benz S-Class or a BMW 7 Series...Plush...Bumps, Ruts etc disappear under it. I'm not going to capture any climbing KOM's on it but it's super stable descending and It a good change from my fast and twitchy SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod... Looking forward to some gravel and bikepacking trips in the near future.
Yeah but even the S class runs with about 400hp

qclabrat

This is why I love mtbnj, complete game changer for me. The 2.1 tires fit snug and I'll be fine with something smaller. Already spoke with Bruce and he'll build me a new fork and braze disc mounts for the rear. Supposed to fit 42 but the frame fits much more. Cost will be about the same as a new frame, but Bruce is close to retirement and why not.

MVIMG_20180215_232933.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This is why I love mtbnj, complete game changer for me. The 2.1 tires fit snug and I'll be fine with something smaller. Already spoke with Bruce and he'll build me a new fork and braze disc mounts for the rear. Supposed to fit 42 but the frame fits much more. Cost will be about the same as a new frame, but Bruce is close to retirement and why not.

View attachment 63766
Please post a video of you riding single track on that.

wonderturtle

Monster cross bikes today are CX bikes as if designed by mountain bikers, what we generally call cross bikes are more genealogically a kin to road bikes.

ok. that at least makes a little sense - particularly from a geometry perspective. but doesnt the "gravel" bike geometry (more upright than the typical cross bike) kind of address that?

that reminds me I need to get a new stem on my cross bike - want a more upright position (make it more "gravel bikeish" - think it will help with stability offroad and more comfortable on long rides

RobW

View attachment 63766
disc brakes AND rim brake??

liong71er

This was my old 26er MTB
So,basically I just put new wheels and new tires 40mm and switch to dropbar (road shifters and mtb drivetrain)

A monster bikes..that can handle all-terrain with just switching the tires sizes
I like this geometry,an mtb geometry with a litte road geometry tweak/twist
So,relief that I don't need to buying new specific gravel bikes..those suckers can just suck my fingers.:)

20180122_113957.jpg
20180122_114248.jpg

qclabrat

This was my old 26er MTB
So,basically I just put new wheels and new tires 40mm and switch to dropbar (road shifters and mtb drivetrain)

A monster bikes..that can handle all-terrain with just switching the tires sizes
I like this geometry,an mtb geometry with a litte road geometry tweak/twist
So,relief that I don't need to buying new specific gravel bikes..those suckers can just suck my fingers.:)

View attachment 63781View attachment 63780
Liong, picture of the front cockpit please
what is the top tube length and size of the stem?

I've seen you go down a full flight stairs on regular road tires, you don't need no stink'in big tires
though that stunt could have caused your flat later in the day

Oldeman

Here is mine, decided after many years to finally build a dream cross bike. Sold the Fatboy and added one of my Social Security checks and went all out. I have 38mm tires for it but the 33's actually handle and feel better. Maybe I'll even get my ass in shape and do a CX race. 16.5# 56cm frame
IMG_2055.jpg

Top Bottom