The new sheriff

sandman

45219042_2190203877697749_3463360429474971648_n.pngThe old Kings Grant 2, now called the Black Run Preserve, has some hikers running the show. They do not like MTB's. If an area is this sensitive, then no one should be using it.IMG_6304 (1).JPG This trail should never have been opened.

m-con

I think it's just one person with the BRP who doesn't like MTB's. I came across him on the trails last year. He was hiking with a few others. All were friendly except him. He didn't say anything but shot me plenty of dirty looks.

I believe the 'Nature Trials' (red signs) weren't meant to be part of the MTB trail network. They are all short side paths that do go into more sensitive areas. You're not missing anything as they dead end at bogs and are usually very wet.

sandman

Are we riding in two different parks? I was on there Blog, and one lady wants to take me out to show me all the tire tracks in the Black Run. One guy writing how we destroy everything, and between lines, placed sad face emojis. The leader of the pack thinks all hikers are saints. The small trails that dead end are not the trails I'm talking about. 1 trail connects two trails that make a great loop. Another trail that I cleaned up before the Friends of the Black Run dug in there heals, closed to bikes. Don't get me wrong, some of the things they do, are a good thing. They replaced all the bridges I put in over the years, that's a smart thing. They made some new trails that are a plus to the park. But when they talk about sustainable trails, then open a trail in the wet lands; The now Black Run preserve is in the pinelands, and has a lot of rules that the rest of the state does not have. It was a cranberry bog farm, then bought as part of Kings Grant II, then that part of the ETMUA, that's when I came in. Just a small band of riders, riding night rides, keeping trails open. Now the friends are in charge. I don't like it, but, I will adjust. With over a million acers of pinelands, I will survive. Sing it with me , I will survive.

m-con

Interesting, I've never been on their blog, will check out now. But I hear ya, I've been going back there for over 20 years, and have removed more trash than they ever will.

sandman

We did another successful Thanksgiving eve ride at the Black Run. Small group, 4 riders, 17 miles, 3 hours. We covered just about every trail I know, even road out of the preserve. Was not as cold as we all thought it was going to be.

sandman

Rumor has it, that the connector trail board walk, and bridge has been removed. Won't know for sure, until the Wednesday night ride.

sandman

No, Wrong end of the red trail. It must have been along time since you been on the orange, because it's red now. One side IMG_6633.JPGIMG_6638.JPG The other side.

sandman

Unreal. Can I get the link to the blog you're referring to? I'll find out what I can.
Most of the info comes from Facebook, Friends of the black run, but you need to dig in yourself. Try Black Run . Org to start.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions