The Kalmyk's Tinfoil Hat Happy Hour (aka Most Useless Thread on MTBNJ)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was just testing latitude .. Don't have tumbler set up .. Don't think it would be a good idea to take photo of bloody guy anyway .. I did meet ronc .. Should have took his photo .. Will set up tumbler later

You can post pics on Tapatalk.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wow this thread may go down as one of the best.

In all seriousness, its cool cause I doubt I will make this race. Too much ish going on.
Hopefully you guys get service up there.

gtluke

The Moped
You owe me $10, this cost me $5

Live blog post:

tumblr_l2qvhfOq8r1qc0n0xo1_500.jpg

You owe me $10, this cost me $5

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fine. I’ll throw it at you on Sunday.

Live Blog Post:

Fine. I’ll throw it at you on Sunday.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
The woman in my office met her husband because he taught her how to dial into the mainframe remotely to program her fortan punch cards instead of driving there.

I worked in the PC lab my senior year of college. It didn't take long to realize that cute CS 101 students, who have to take the class for "other" degrees, are *very* easy to hit on when you've helped them get their project working (in like 10 minutes) after weeks of thrashing. Seriously, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

I like to think I've matured since...:D

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You can post pics on Tapatalk.

Cool, I did not know that. I would have jumped on this live blogging this earlier, but I was iffy on Tymor because I refuse to race in another muddy race this year. And this thread is named "Tymor Live Blogging Contestants", so who know what that means.

Looks like there is some hope for the weather actually .. it says few showers with 30% chance precipitation. Who knows what that means.

Google Latitude review coming up.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tymor Live Blogging Contestants

30% sealed the deal. I'm in. I wouldn't much worry about the forecasts. 30% could mean a light sprinkle or 2 hour downpour. No way to know until you line up.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
30% sealed the deal. I'm in. I wouldn't much worry about the forecasts. 30% could mean a light sprinkle or 2 hour downpour. No way to know until you line up.

Rob kept getting phone calls during the ride and I told him to tell you hello. I'd bet you get top 5 on Sunday!

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Google Latitude Review

It's supported on iPhone, Android, color BB, Windows Mobile, and Symbian. There is really no installation. You just point your mobile browser to google.com/latitude and login. The control you have over who can see you is excellent. You have to confirm everyone who can see you and vice-versa.

The whole thing runs on your mobile browser, which means it's using the Google Maps ajax api. It's actually not as smooth as using the native cocoa api, esp when you are zooming.

In terms of accuracy, I thought it was pretty impressive. I don't know why Norm had the experience he did. There were a few moments for me when it was a mile off, but once I started moving (in car or bike), it was spot on. When I was driving, it didn't go off the road once .. even on the smaller roads in Morristown. On my way to LM, I saw Luke heading down the Parkway to the birthday party.

One caveat I have to throw in is that I kept my screen on the whole time. I'm not sure if the accuracy would be there if you turn off the screen .. I say this because if you turn the screen off, then turn it back on, the screen kinda reloads and skips to your new location. So I'm not 100% sure if it's still tracking while the screen is off. And since it's using ajax/javascript, they probably don't have the controls over the internals when the screen is off. One thing that is interesting is that since it runs on Safari, I think this thing may actually work even if Safari is not in the foreground. The Apple programs like Mail (and I think Safari) are allowed to run in the background. So maybe I can run both MotionX and Latitude at the same time. Will have to test that out later, but I need someone to help me.

This thing is totally useable in a race setting. What is cool is you can even see how your teammates and competitors are doing. The only challenge is getting them to install it and use it.

By far, the best part was that I could see my handsome face moving across the screen as I rode:

latitude.jpg

Last edited:

gtluke

The Moped
"I use my dishwasher as my ball cleaner, she’s bowling right now though…"

Live blog post:

“I use my dishwasher as my ball cleaner, she’s bowling right now though…”

gtluke

The Moped
I just learned how bowling scoring works.

Live blog post:

I just learned how bowling scoring works.

gtluke

The Moped
This chick just per her rack in phil’s face, best $50 spent ever.

Live blog post:

This chick just per her rack in phil’s face, best $50 spent ever.

gtluke

The Moped
Tymor Live Blogging Contestants

Lolololllllll at phil trying to explain to this girl what we do for a living. I won't even attempt that and I can speak human.

Top Bottom