The MetsThread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Good bye Wilmner Flores and thank you, I liked you.

Now Travis your another story, why are you still here?

Some things ya can't even GIVE away.

they are hoping he declines the offer, and they get a draft pick in compensation for him leaving.
they were not confident wilmer would produce a draft pick - although i think he would have grown
with more consistent playing time.

--

we all need to go see Wally Backman when the Ducks visit the Somerset Patriots..

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cano’s numbers have not gone down the last few years. And he plays every day. If Seattle is paying half the salary and you get a stud closer, this seems like a good trade.

Of course you should just accept now that Jay Bruce will be an MVP candidate in Seattle. :)

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Cano’s numbers have not gone down the last few years. And he plays every day. If Seattle is paying half the salary and you get a stud closer, this seems like a good trade.

Of course you should just accept now that Jay Bruce will be an MVP candidate in Seattle. :)

Bruce always seems like a good guy but didn't do enough here. It's addition by subtraction IMO. Kind of like a certain Yankees pitcher, no? :)

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
. Kind of like a certain Yankees pitcher, no? :)

Present or past? :). There’s a long list.

Sonny? He just can’t pitch in NY. Or they didn’t let him throw his fastball enough (for some reason NYY pitchers throw the fewest amount of fastballs by far ) and maybe be needed that. He’ll go somehow else and be a solid 3. Maybe even back to the A’s. This was definitely one of cash’s moves that backfired.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don’t know... I feel like the Mets gave up too much for this trade. Let’s hope they stay healthy.
Never trust the Mets and how they evaluate their prospects, ever! Look at it this way you traded Bruce and swarzack for cano and prospects for all star closer. I will take that. Now center fielder and catcher. Add another arm or 2. And for christ sakes STOP with the thor trade rumors!

Mr. E Man

Never trust the Mets and how they evaluate their prospects, ever! Look at it this way you traded Bruce and swarzack for cano and prospects for all star closer. I will take that. Now center fielder and catcher. Add another arm or 2. And for christ sakes STOP with the thor trade rumors!
Now they’re saying maybe nimmo for kluper

Mtbdog

Cano don't hustle and Familia is a woman beater, good job!:thumbsdown: imho No improvement, they need offense in the worst way.

Reactions: rlb

kidzach

Diaz is a stud closer. But I hate that Cano is now blocking McNeil however. His growth will now be stunted as they turn him into a utility player. Maybe we can flip Cano over to the "Death Star ".

qclabrat

How you liking these signings... I gotta say, if everyone stays heathy, we could have a shot, again.
I dunno, I'm tired for predicting the prefect storm with the Metropolitans
Yes we have an insanely great rotation, can't believe its better than last year, but we'll again be on pins and needles watching in the 7th with them at a 1-0 or 2-0 lead.
At best their offense is average with everyone healthy.
- Are Conforto and Nimmo one hit wonder?
- Will Yoenis and Ramos played healthy for most of the season?
- Is Dom Smith the Big D or the Big Dud?
- Besides Cano, who would you put money on be a position player all-star?

Bernie needs to pull one more big deal out there, Wright is off the books spend that $20M somewhere good. Not asking for the two big frees, but the Moose would could work at first or third. Or pick back up Asdrubal

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
GM came in saying no more IFs
All I see are a lot of IFs
That's how a Mets fan is raised...

Top Bottom