The MetsThread

phillychris498

this CY predictor is such a load of crap
This award should be for pitching alone, why factor in wins, losses and post season appearances
I'd accept Jacob being second best but 7th?

View attachment 75780

Whatever algorithm ESPN created for that Cy Young predictor probably puts a higher weight on Win percentage than it does on ERA (which is bullshit). I'm a huge Phillies fan, and think the NL Cy Young should be 1.) deGrom 2.) Nola 3.) Scherzer, if the season ended today. Ranking Nola ahead of Scherzer after a beautiful pitchers dual between the two today in which Nola came out on top with 8 innings of shut out ball.

All that said, when's the last time the top 3 Cy Young candidates in either league all played in the same division (NL east)?

qclabrat

Way to go fellas, you had an extra day for run support and an still failed your pitcher
1535569897206.png

Not a Jets fan, but was really looking for a QB duel to past the time, Saints got a steal for a future starter
1535569996149.png

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This drunken post was made last night. I am happy to have degrom but also sad for him.

So I am down to only watching degrom games and everyone is so God damn painful. Not only does this guy pitch his ass off but supplies the hit to put him in position to win. But as of right now 13 and 0 with runners in scoring shows what a debacle this team is. God why was i born a met fan..

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
so 12 games under at home.
500 ball on the road.

think NYC is too much of distraction?
this isn't 1986!

qclabrat

Thank God we have the NFL. Even though not expecting miracles from the Giants, I still for strange reason have a routing interest for the Jets. Darnold may be special and if Barkley shows more Rookie of the year will be interesting.

On the other note, conflicted whether I want to see David back with such a miserable team. He's obviously done but should his last game be 162 in 2018 or #1 in 2019?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Scherzer with 300 though. I think degrom should get it, but he'll probably get screwed. Voters hate NY. Maybe not the Mets as much, but there's still hate

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
It kinda reminded me of Johan Santana before the no hitter how he pitched his heart out night after night and got like zero run support.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Scherzer with 300 though. I think degrom should get it, but he'll probably get screwed. Voters hate NY. Maybe not the Mets as much, but there's still hate
Degrom is pretty unhateable
No tude just goes out and control his space. Era wins over strickouts esp when his SO are close to leader. Antylitics is where this is a good thing.

qclabrat

Actually watched the game yesterday, Thor with a solid outing, then zero run support and Gesselman. That reminded me of when I frequented Vegas with my broker friends and me sitting alone in the overnight $5 poker tables.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Degrom is pretty unhateable
No tude just goes out and control his space. Era wins over strickouts esp when his SO are close to leader. Antylitics is where this is a good thing.

Agree, 100%.

There's an anti NY bias though. That was my point.

Jeter was pretty unhatable. But Joe mauer beat him out for mvp one year when it shouldn't of even been close. That anti NY sentiment...

Hopefully it won't apply to the Mets or Degrom. The voters should feel bad for him because he should have won 25 games.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Real news

DeGrom is getting paid!!!!

The question is by who. I could see him not wanting to stay in NY. I think he's arbitration eligible in 19 and 20, FA in 21. (I may be a year off) Unless they blow him away with a huge contract (not their style for guys arbitration eligible), and go out and get a solid lineup around him, he may walk.

And you know where I want him :)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Conforto started coming around also - unless it is the September boost?

Top Bottom