The MetsThread

qclabrat

Wait you guys still are in?
I been blissfully enjoying re runs of the office for like 3 weeks. Then I gave up sports talk like 4 days ago because it's all about what we are gonna get from the Yankees for Degrom, right. Fuck the yankees!
yeah that or whether Lebron or Michael are the all time, need to find some good podcasts at work
I might even turn on the French Open this weekend...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thank you wilpons for being you.
Jake did his best but your budget team cant sustain in this league. I didn't watch but damn your lame ass approach. Take every dfl you cheap mother fers and make us suffer. DONE!

qclabrat

Thank you wilpons for being you.
Jake did his best but your budget team cant sustain in this league. I didn't watch but damn your lame ass approach. Take every dfl you cheap mother fers and make us suffer. DONE!
agreed, 8 strong innings, but nothing from Mets bats for 7 innings
Really haven't watched much this year, even early when they were ahead

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
As I mentioned last week, I had a bet with my brother about whether the Mets would get above .500 again this season. Last week, I was still clutching to the very tiny threads of irrational hope that they could pull this off. But after getting home from my regular Tuesday ride last night and seeing that they had once again lost, I decided to do a bit of math to see just how stupid the concept of hope is with this team.

I realize this isn't a perfect analysis and that the primary assumptions on the probability of winning any individual game is not a constant and I'm missing the factors that make it variable, but even considering that I don't think the resulting probabilities would significantly change the outcome here.

Basically, what I wanted to do was figure out the probability that they reach just one game above .500 at any point the rest of the season. They have 99 games left after yesterday, and their current record is 28-35, for a .444 winning percentage. If I assume their current winning percentage is a suitable proxy for their probability of winning any single game, then I'm looking at a binomial distribution B(N, 0.444) for the probability of them winning enough games to be one game over .500 after N games. The parameters of this exercise: obviously, they can only get to 1 game over on an odd number of games, and they can't do it for the first time until they've minimally played 8 more games since they are currently 7 games under. (And, by the way, given a winning percentage of .444, the probability of them winning the next 8 games in a row based on that alone is vanishingly small - about 0.0015.) Overall, the probability never even gets to 2% (it hits a maximum of around 1.8% at the 105th game.) So even if I could get the data to identify the actual probability of winning on any day from here out, I seriously doubt it would change the numbers enough to even get me close to 50-50 at any point.

42778777621_883d89f746_b.jpg

The x-axis here is the number of games played since yesterday (e.g., since they have played 63 games as of this morning, the 105th game of the season would correspond to 42 in the x-axis above.)

So, given the last point in my previous message was the all together reasonable assumption that the Mets were equally willing to fuck over my brother as they were me, I think it's now becoming more and more obvious that they've made their choice and it's me who is getting a proper dicking from the Metropolitans this time around.

qclabrat

Mets are hitting sub150, it's gotten that bad cause no one gives a crap except the pitchers. When fundamental fielding go south the coach needs to do something. And love and hugs won't work....

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
do you think they can at least win one for Sandy on his way out the door?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
do you think they can at least win one for Sandy on his way out the door?

I believe you meant, when Sandy’s out the door....It’s a win.

Now we’ve got the three headed retread ruining, I mean running, things.

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.”

......It’s not working.:(

Top Bottom