The MetsThread

Matz didn’t look bad. I mean the results the same... ok, am grasping at straws.

Lord grant me the strength.... it’s not even mother’s day yet.

LA TIMES REPORTING

The Reds were not sure what to expect for Matt Harvey.

But it’s safe to assume that they didn’t expect what they got Friday night. Harvey was the Dark Knight again. His fastball touched 96 mph, and he pitched like it was 2015 again.

Harvey threw of four innings one-hit, shutout ball in the Reds’ 6-2 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers before a crowd of 46,979 at Dodger Stadium. The one hit he allowed came on a fly ball that right fielder Scott Schebler lost in the lights.

LA TIMES REPORTING

The Reds were not sure what to expect for Matt Harvey.

But it’s safe to assume that they didn’t expect what they got Friday night. Harvey was the Dark Knight again. His fastball touched 96 mph, and he pitched like it was 2015 again.

Harvey threw of four innings one-hit, shutout ball in the Reds’ 6-2 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers before a crowd of 46,979 at Dodger Stadium. The one hit he allowed came on a fly ball that right fielder Scott Schebler lost in the lights.
Fake news, it was because this Dodger team is dreadful. Wait for his turn in that band box he will call home, he will be watching the home runs fly out.

I wish Harvey the best. He was always his own worst enemy. Then again Met management never knows how to handle their special players. When I say special I mean players who could maybe use a little kid gloves or even some mentoring / parenting. I know these are grown men and you would think there is no need. But come on we all know that one or two friends over 25-40 year old that still needs this ...lol. They only ever coddle the good soldiers who don't really need it aka D. Wright. Where were they for Doc Gooden or Strawberry. Yeah they thought the best way to help them was to trade away the trouble maker Mitchell.

So my brother told me that he bet his wife on Friday - when they were only game below .500 - that the Mets wouldn't make it back over .500 again this year. I told him I thought that was a silly bet (because they were so close to even and they had a couple of games with the worst team in baseball coming up and all she had to do to win was be right once while he has to rely on the Mets being consistent from here out.) So he told me I could get in on the bet, too, if I wanted to. I took it immediately, figuring that this was one bet I could porbably win befor ethe week was out. Well, last night they lost to the Orioles to fall 4 games below .500. If they lose again today and then go into the weekend's series against the Yankees 5 games below, I'm going to start wondering if it's even possible for them to get back to .500 again, much less above it, in the 100 games they'll have left after that. However, I told him that my one saving grace is that the Mets are kind of like a drunken frat boy when it comes to their fans: they don't really care who they screw, they just want to screw someone. I said that means that since we're on opposite sides of a bet involving the Mets, one of us is certainly getting screwed by them and I can't see any reason why this team would care if it's him or me. So in the end, my saving grace in this bet may be my firm belief that the Mets would be just as happy screwing over my brother as they would me. And that means there is still a chance.

For all non-Met fans, welcome to the thought process of the average lifelong fan of this shitty, shitty club.

Did the coach call for the bunt or not? He totally avoided the question

stick a fork in them....

hey @pearl, when is the fantasy football draft - at least when my team sucks,
i can say i'm not getting paid to play.

was the closest I could find for a Met riding moped (scooter)
the shame of be a fan, and f'n Wheeler is like an all-star on his last two

1528320344110.png

Wait you guys still are in?
I been blissfully enjoying re runs of the office for like 3 weeks. Then I gave up sports talk like 4 days ago because it's all about what we are gonna get from the Yankees for Degrom, right. Fuck the yankees!

Back
Top Bottom