The MetsThread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by soundz, Sep 25, 2015.

1. fidodie

fidodie Well-Known Member Staff Member

they should get daniel murphy and justin turner....what is jeff kent doing now?
    what's the over-under on duda's hr total next year? 35?
    and how did they miss out on Clint Hurdle managing?

Bring in A-Rod!!!

2. 1speed

1speed Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed

Is Duda playing for a contract next year? Because if so that's the only way he might hit 35 HRs next year -- he's playing for the Rays. Their park is worse for hitters than Citi Field.

I wouldn't mind getting Murphy back if he didn't cost a fortune, but that won't happen. He's too old to spend money on now. But no fuckin' way do I ever want Justin Turner in a Mets uniform again. Just look at his production over the years - he was a middling player at best when he was with the Mets, hit for average his first year in LA, and then suddenly starts hitting twice as many HRs per year after 2014 and has a breakout year this year at 32? Please -- he's either juicing or he's a flash in the pan. He's exactly what the Mets need to stop going after.

fidodie likes this.
  3. UtahJoe

UtahJoe Team Workhorse Team MTBNJ Halter's

Who do the Mets fan want to see go down the tubes more? Cubs, Nats or Dodgers?

And while the yankees might get crushed by the Astros....dam was that a great game last night.

4. fidodie

want the cubs and nats to go down, and dodgers to win it all - to prove mattingly was holding them back.

rlb likes this.
  5. 1speed

Nats most of all. As my younger brother texted me today, one of the few things Met fans can hang their hats on the last two years is that the Nats have never won a playoff series. So I'm rooting for that streak to continue. And fuck the Dodgers because ... Chase Utley. I'm no Cubs fan but I'll root for them coming out of the National League by default. Overall, I'm pulling for the Astros at this point because any other national league team but the Mets is unacceptable, and I'd rather have ebola than root for the Yankees.

qclabrat, fidodie, rlb and 1 other person like this.
  6. mattybfat

mattybfat The White Shadow Team MTBNJ Halter's

1. Expos
    2. Yankees
    3. Cubs
    4. Dodgers
    5. Astros

In that order but you could flip flop 1. And 2. And 3. And 4.

So go Astros!!!!

7. jShort

jShort Well-Known Member Team MTBNJ Halter's

So. I shouldn't start trolling this thread with Yankee posts? I've really behaved myself beyond my own expectations.

8. mattybfat

mattybfat The White Shadow Team MTBNJ Halter's

Go make your own thread :p
    Be honest you may have opened this thread maybe a total of 2 times. That's about how many times I would of opened a Yankee thread.

9. fidodie

@jShort

This is more like a support group thread. Lots of very fragile topics here. If it goes negative, we will need to switch it to moderated. :D

rlb likes this.
  10. UtahJoe

UtahJoe Team Workhorse Team MTBNJ Halter's

Hey after last night...Maybe you guys will be able to get Dusty in there to manage :)

11. fidodie

how sweet it is!!! another nats series leading to early tee times....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    rlb likes this.
  12. soundz

soundz The Hat Team MTBNJ Halter's

this thread is still a thing?

13. fidodie

wallowing in the failure of others is definitely a thing.

14. 1speed

That sounds about right ... we just got rid of the trainer-who-kills-careers, seems like the right time to hire the manager-who-kills-careers.