The MetsThread

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day, everyone!

Whatever you do today, just know that a 53-year-old former locker room cancer has probably done less and yet was paid more than you'll earn in several years combined - and this will happen again and again on this day each year for the next 18 years.
........ Annnnnd he's hitting now about as well as he used to.o_O Oh the pain!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's ok it's like being a Jets fan you get ride your bike more because you checked out a long time ago. I would imagine most Jet fans will get a head start before season opener :)

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's ok it's like being a Jets fan you get ride your bike more because you checked out a long time ago. I would imagine most Jet fans will get a head start before season opener :)

Gonna be a good cross season. ;). I still remember that time you came to my house wearing a Jets sweatshirt Matty. :)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Wilmer Flores suffers broken nose after fouling ball off face

ya can't make this stuff up!

qclabrat

is it time for virtual GM yet?

- who's our new manager
- which pitchers need to go
- what's the plan for position players

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
is it time for virtual GM yet?

- who's our new manager
- which pitchers need to go
- what's the plan for position players

I've heard a bunch of names thrown out there for manager, including Brad Ausmus, Alex Cora and Joe McEwing. None of those would get me excited, though. I thnk that since they're already paying him and already suck, why not just give the reins to Bobby Bonilla? I'd love to read the Daily News stories about his playing cards in the clubhouse when the Mets are up by one in the ninth and there's guys on second and third with one out and his starter has already thrown 130 pitches on an April night.

Seriously, though, I still can't being myself to say any of their starters need to go, but the fire sales they had on relievers this summer means they need to improve there - they need a top notch closer and a few guys to bridge. Position players? Fuck, They could rebuild their entire infield as far as I'm concerned. I think it's too early to make a definitive statement on Smith, but the only guy they should keep around of their current veteran infielders is Wilmer as a utility guy -- he can play every infield position capably and he's a solid enough hitter. Everyone else could go if there are decent enough free agent replacements. Keep Yo and Conforto in the outfield (they may even stay healthy now that Ramirez received his loooooooooooooooong overdue pink slip.)

Top Bottom