The MetsThread

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
we are saved this year:

mets.jpg

pixel.gif

Collins Has Plan For Trying To Keep Mets Pitchers Healthy

Does that plan involve keeping them in shrink wrap and never using them? Because that might work. I mean, it probably won't work, but it's about the only plan I can imagine that might.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Rusty or done? we'll need to wait at least another 2 weeks
Doesn't David look skinny?
springtraining.jpg

Very, very done. I applaud his desire to keep working, but his body just can't handle the demands of the game anymore. His injuries were just too severe and too chronic to return from. I'll forever be a fan of his, but he's done.

stilluf

H
Very, very done. I applaud his desire to keep working, but his body just can't handle the demands of the game anymore. His injuries were just too severe and too chronic to return from. I'll forever be a fan of his, but he's done.
Hate to say it but I agree, he's done. Even if he isn't done, how can we rely upon him for anything?

qclabrat

I can see them using him for DH and the occasional 1st base rotation, if his bat is still useful, but I think his career as a fielder is over.
But is always sad to see the supermen end their careers this way

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I never understood the 1st base thing. If his knees were shot, ok. Bum throwing arm, fine....but a back issue?!?! He's gets what, 15-30 balls a game at 3rd? He's in on nearly every friggen play at first! Good thing no one in MLB bats lefty.... How the heck is his back going to hold up at first. And Swing a bat?!?!...no torque there. He's a great Met and it's really sad to see, but w/out some miracle experimental therapy... it's over.

qclabrat

1st base cause is shoulder is now f'd up. I've had impingements on my throwing shoulder since 10, just didn't know it till much later. Based on his age, the diagnosis is not good. He'll have frequent cortisone shots, scoping/scraping and meds to get through the year assuming nothing else pops up. This a classic case of body breakdown. Mind is willing, but this will surely be the last year, if it gets that far.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Shoulder is because he can't use his legs and trunk properly with his condition so it's all arm.... classic compensation injury.

qclabrat

now that all my brackets have gone to shit, time to focus on baseball. overall pretty happy with spring break performance

with Matz out for a bit I'm guessing Lugo or Wheeler will take a spot on the rotation. Very impressed with Gsellman.

Bruce had a crappy spring and he'll be on the bench instead of Conforto soon. I can deal with the platoon at catcher, as long as defensively they minimize my heart attacks.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Ok Met fans, get to the All-Star voting and make sure to " write in " Conforto

Sooooo, how f'd up am I...... Rather than simply take what little joy I can out if this dumpster fire of a season; I'm fixated on the thought... Would he be doing this if we were playing well? What's more likely, one of our home grown actually living up to his projected potential at the major league level.... Or.... as shitty as this team is, he's only able to do this since there is absolutely zero pressure to perform.

qclabrat

I took a break from the Mets the same time I cut out alcohol, coffee and meats. Going to slowly ease back it, can't handle the stress of being a metropolitan

kidzach

Wow you guys are tough. I didn't say he was going to make your world a wonderland. And I didn't say he was going to bring the Mets single handedly to the world series. All I ask is you go to the all-star ballot and write in Conforto. Then back to the world as you know it.

Top Bottom