The Long Road Back

xc62701

why you flat so much? do you run stupid low pressures or stupid tires? :)
That's the million-dollar question… I've been running 20 in my rear in this time for Lewis Morris I went up to about 22 and still a flat. I've been through three different tires - an ardent race , a fast track control, and now the WTB ranger and same thing flat number four in the middle of the tread. I think it to the stupid specialize Rovals that I'm running may have a sharp profile and it pops the tire I'm not sure. I'm putting my stans valors on the epic now and I'll see if I have any flight issues with that. If I have any more issues the bike is just up for sale I'll find something else.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you're around Watchung area Thursday, borrow my 2.1 Ignitors to try for Port Jervis.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
why you flat so much? do you run stupid low pressures or stupid tires? :)
Was gonna ask the same thing. I listened to @pooriggy 'a advice and rode more rocks and it helped me...thx, ow @pooriggy and @xc62701 need to listen to me....Maxxis Exo anything. Ryan had one flat with them and switched. I had one flat with them but stayed...since going tubeless 3 years ago I have had one 29er flat(1 year old set of ardent exos I tour the sidewalk on at the bottom of orange downhill at CR-sidewalk year). One on my fat bike(5 degrees and a 3/4 diameter stick went through tread of ground control 4). Bontrager sealant works wonders and the whole Bontrager tubeless system with molded rim strips works flawlessly. Valors are good so far with Bontrager sealant and max is crossmark 2 exos. Lots of ringwood, CR , for wayway and kitt rock scrapes on them too.
Rant over...

xc62701

I'm trying to find something with the rolling resistance, traction, and mud clearing ability and I like the tires im running but they flat. I could understand if it's one crappy tire but it's been 3 different tires and 4 flats. That's why I'm pointing to the rim as the culprit. It doesn't flat during training rides just racing. I do ride it hard but I do the same in my hardtail and I never flat on that even when I think I should. I'm going to throw a burly set of tires on there and switch to my valors and see what happens. I have my next bike lined up if necessary.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
That's the million-dollar question… I've been running 20 in my rear in this time for Lewis Morris I went up to about 22 and still a flat. I've been through three different tires - an ardent race , a fast track control, and now the WTB ranger and same thing flat number four in the middle of the tread. I think it to the stupid specialize Rovals that I'm running may have a sharp profile and it pops the tire I'm not sure. I'm putting my stans valors on the epic now and I'll see if I have any flight issues with that. If I have any more issues the bike is just up for sale I'll find something else.
I'm trying to find something with the rolling resistance, traction, and mud clearing ability and I like the tires im running but they flat. I could understand if it's one crappy tire but it's been 3 different tires and 4 flats. That's why I'm pointing to the rim as the culprit. It doesn't flat during training rides just racing. I do ride it hard but I do the same in my hardtail and I never flat on that even when I think I should. I'm going to throw a burly set of tires on there and switch to my valors and see what happens. I have my next bike lined up if necessary.
I love crossmark 2. Like a super fast ardent race. 2.1 wide and great in wet rocks of ringwood. I run between 17 and 23psi

xc62701

No bike updates but nutrition updates. The torture is going well, I survived yesterday on around 900+ calories and today on 1200 calories through shakes and fruit. Thankfully tomorrow I'll be back to normal healthy foods and around a 1800 calorie limit. I'm hoping to see the scale move a little more tomorrow. The lowest I have been since I lost the weight in Jan is 163 ish. I'm hoping to see closer to that number tomorrow. I did a 2:15 ride in splitrock that wasn't easy as well. I felt a little wonky with limited calories but really not horrible.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
What's a regular day of eating end up being for you? Always curious what real life 1800 calories looks like.

xc62701

What's a regular day of eating end up being for you? Always curious what real life 1800 calories looks like.
I usually have am isagenix shake for breakfast, lunch is 2 eggs and a Greek yogurt or salad, dinner is 6oz chicken or fish with veggies and rice. I'll have a couple pieces of fruit or nuts for snacks and a small piece of chocolate after dinner. That usually does it.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I am in this weight struggle too. I am currently at 196 from 217 in Jan. Went as low as 189 and up to 199. I drank beer for a month. That's instant weight gain for me. Currently eating OF oats with blueberries, walnuts and honey for breakfast. This is sometimes substituted with plain yougurt, granola and blueberries. Granola bar and banana for morning snack. Soup or a light sandwich for lunch with granola bar. Afternoon snack(cinnamon raisin bagel usually). Dinner is rice/chicken/veggies or some clean, portioned meal. I'll usually snack with plain almonds or raisins. I have a very active job however and don't do well on low calories if I ride after.

xc62701

That's pretty damn spot on. I have a big sweet tooth so everything calls to me when I'm eating clean. Will power and prepping beforehand are the best measures to ensure you stick to the plan. I love pizza and a coke. But I pass it up when I have a goal in mind.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bep3puiqj9my.jpg

xc62701

I ate clean and had more real food yesterday and a couple of beers last night so I felt much better yesterday and much more energetic. Of course as soon as you do a purge like I did for 2 days the body hold onto anything you put in after that. 165.6 this morning. Up a few pounds but with steady monitoring of intake that number should start creeping downward.

Right now though I'm sitting in a waiting area of my wife's car dealership wasting my life away 2:05 waiting so far.... and all I can think about is grabbing the nearest crap to inhale as soon as I get out of here.

xc62701

So since torturing myself and doing those two shake days I haven't cared about diet at all. Lol. I've been more focused on work around the house and it's been kicking my butt. I've dropped a bunch of trees and one in particular wasted me this past week. Doing all this physical work is draining as I don't stop. Normal people do things in sections, I do things to exhaustion. The last tree I took down had to be a 65' tall maple that fell in the street and I had to take care of asap before someone called the cops. I worked for 3 days straight this past week on that one and I put riding on hold until that was taken care of.

I was wondering why I felt flat this past weekend when racing sunday and that's the culprit. Of course this week I'm having more trees taken down and stumps ground so I'm out in the yard with a crowbar moving the rocks from the stumps so they can be ground without wrecking the grinder.

I'm hoping to take it a bit easier this week to recover and then it's less than 3 weeks to the Wilderness 101. I'm hoping to get that done in the low 8's. Im thinking a good steady ride will be perfect for that day.

Top Bottom