The Long Road Back

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Dear Ryan, 6 hours of warrior creek hasn’t sold out yet and if it’s still open tomorrow morning, i think i may do the singlespeed category. How would you describe the climbing? I know you aren’t a big SS guy, but any insight would help. I read some of your past recaps on the race but nothing definitive to base my decision off of.

Or i just race the Scalpel but mehhhh seems silly.

Thank you,

Concerned in Concord

xc62701

Dear Ryan, 6 hours of warrior creek hasn’t sold out yet and if it’s still open tomorrow morning, i think i may do the singlespeed category. How would you describe the climbing? I know you aren’t a big SS guy, but any insight would help. I read some of your past recaps on the race but nothing definitive to base my decision off of.

Thank you,

Concerned in Concord

Hey man. Yea I'm bummed to not be going this year but it just isn't in the cards. There is a good amount of climbing. Some short steep sections and more climbing than you want later in the race. It's fast and flows for the rest. I seem to remember close to 1000 feet for each 13 mile lap.

Santa

Thank you,

Concerned in Concord
I've done this on a singlespeed and its not that bad. Just choose the right gear and plan for the fact that after 4 hours the hills feel bigger. I ran a 19x32 with no issues.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
thanks bros, im thinking 33x19 now after your experiences, lets see if i can pull the trigger now!

Top Bottom