the journey of the boar in years 2013 - ......

liong71er

Mitch,I loves this loop, perhaps when I rides here often I can get more gravel roads and some mtb trails,
The burbank trail, in Lenox MA
Looks very promising I rode some of the singletrack there and it was Fun, very typical new England trails type.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Question... I may be totally off on this but isn't Liong your last name?

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I think it would be weird for me if ppl started calling me Hong.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Question... I may be totally off on this but isn't Liong your last name?

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I think it would be weird for me if ppl started calling me Hong.

His last name is 71er.

qclabrat

real story, Liong and my parents are in a similar ethic group in northern Guangdong province called Hakka (we are known as mountain people/nomads/gypsies to many in the area), his parents when to Indonesia, and mine to the US, crazy world when we both meet up here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people

I'm the 46th generation for my family, I few years back I tracked my roots back to the 12th generation with my dad, needless to say, it was a pretty epic time for me

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
real story, Liong and my parents are in a similar ethic group in northern Guangdong province called Hakka (we are known as mountain people/nomads/gypsies to many in the area), his parents when to Indonesia, and mine to the US, crazy world when we both meet up here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people

I'm the 46th generation for my family, I few years back I tracked my roots back to the 12th generation with my dad, needless to say, it was a pretty epic time for me
That's pretty cool when you can trace back your roots. I was told that my family records were lost during the Korean war.

liong71er

you've explained this before - but i've not been able to find it.
Please do it again - both for knowledge and to respect you/family/culture.
All the ancient chinese name, have three words,example:71er ji liong
The first word is the last name or family clan name, second and third surname or official name, and I also have daily calling name, just known as A Liong, call me A liong as using in every day life by my family, friends, and strangers
And as the last name or clan/etnic we all know what is that for.
For Asian or Eastern, last name or family, clan is to tell what and who your ancestor are and where they reside
His last name is 71er.
Bingo

liong71er

you've explained this before - but i've not been able to find it.
Please do it again - both for knowledge and to respect you/family/culture.
Referred to qclabrat answer,
That's real story
All chinese, when they met each other in strangers land known unwritten rule that one must inform their family name, or as Western call it last name, for us, knowing each other last name is a big deal, unlike, western society, even if they found out, they have same last name, the sense of closeness in between two rarely exists they are simply stranger to each other.for asian folks, on the other hand knowing each other family name even when they are totally strangers one to another, they have a sense of closeness, sense of being of part family,and all of sudden we treat each other not like stranger anymore,because knowing that, then we knew who your ancestors are, coz, same last name meaning, that's your eternal identity you carry that wherever you are, whoever you are,what you're, in term of culture and what origin of each other entnicity.
When I met qclabrat,we tell each other identity, and knowing we are coming from same ancestors, we immediately bonded.
For examples,..during our rides years ago into city with maciej group, when he and Paul being the slowest in group, I feel I have obligation to keep them protect even we are just met, so, I stay with them till we finished the ride, thats,..the power of Last name.

But,..all in seriousness, I will respect and nice to all, don't matter what you are.

Liong

Last edited:

liong71er

Day 1
Opening day ride
20160701_130358.jpg

1:12:33
www.strava.com/activities/626789843

Last edited:

qclabrat

so you and @jimvreeland are now on the same team? no more Bruce and Chuck?
family like Hinault and Lemond...

I thought you slacked off on day 5 till the pictures, did you hike Whiteface with your cycling shoes?

Top Bottom