the journey of the boar in years 2013 - ......

liong71er

DSC_0492.JPG
DSC_0493.JPG
DSC_0508.JPG
DSC_0509.JPG
DSC_0510.JPG
DSC_0511.JPG
DSC_0512.JPG
DSC_0513.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0483.JPG
    DSC_0483.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Wow, that's some ride. Too bad you missed out on Green Lane - it's one of my favorite places to ride at this point because it has a little bit of everything -- Orange Trail has some super techy little rock gardens (short but really tought o clean), there are some long climbs and creek drops on Blue, a ridge line singletrack overlooking the reservoir at the far end of Blue, and super tight flowy singletrack on red. But it's all horrible when it gets wet -- pretty much unrideable.

qclabrat

it was great seeing you again at the short track, I remember you saying the ride was hard to the BSA camp, which ground me to that even you are mortal after seeing your Strava, Paul and I are planning a long ride in the near future and we need a leader

liong71er

Easter Day
(Overnighter/bikepacking)

www.strava.com/activities/529446871

DSC_0804.JPG

Tree Alley

Easter Day
Park to Park ride
Sthealth Camping and illegall shooting range somewhere in the forest while laying inside my tent
riding in the rain
just anpther day in paradise or parody??

DSC_0830.JPG
DSC_0845.JPG
DSC_0842.JPG
DSC_0836.JPG
DSC_0864.JPG
DSC_0871.JPG
DSC_0881.JPG
DSC_0888.JPG

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for sharing, Liong! Love the photos. I thought I recognized those pictures in your first post. I drive by there all the time to go into Jersey. You were also like 1/4 mile from my house at one point. Should have came over for some ramen.:p

The Kalmyk

Those stores in downtown Kingston all have an under ground walk that connects them. Some old bootlegger stuff. Rstuff.

Love the stealth camping!

liong71er

Thanks for sharing, Liong! Love the photos. I thought I recognized those pictures in your first post. I drive by there all the time to go into Jersey. You were also like 1/4 mile from my house at one point. Should have came over for some ramen.:p
I was looking for you hoping to bump into you at stewart, next time I will knock on your offer

liong71er

Those stores in downtown Kingston all have an under ground walk that connects them. Some old bootlegger stuff. Rstuff.

Love the stealth camping!

The word of "Bootlegger" itself sound so cool these days, back in the days is another stories, thanks for the info

liong71er

The TACONIC mtn Off road Touring

Day 1

The Taconic mountain range stretches North into Vermont along The borders of New York, Connecticut and, Massachusetts. The taconics once rose more than four miles above sea level and were formed by the collision of continental plates.at the times the area was covered by oceans and more recently buried under glacial ice.

It is a good feeling to be able ridden my bicycle in between the mountain range, riding on route 22 North from wassaic, NY I see the mountains range on both side of the highway 22 this is how the engineering works, built the roads right in the valleys.
20160626_063236.jpg

On Saturday afternoon arrived in wassaic train station from Grand Central, immediately looking for camping site,arrived at around 6:45pm almost 2hrs trip, at the last stop station, there's a Rail Trail called, Harlem Valley Rail Trail (HVRT) I rode on that trail for about 4 miles and finally found a camp spot, right off the trail side, almost dark now and I just finished setting up the tent.
20160626_045534.jpg

The next day, on sunday, I started my journey to the north, by following this trails all the way to copake falls,the HVRT far from perfect, it has broken section for about 11miles, to connect to the next it have to be rode on roads, a detour.
20160626_054654.jpg

20160626_060502.jpg

20160626_065811.jpg

20160626_094352.jpg

20160626_124913.jpg

So, I spend a lot saddle time by riding on highway 22, Wich is wasn't bad at all, wide and clean shoulders
Along the highway, also lots of things to do and visit, such as bash bish falls
This falls can be reached either on NY side, or MA side its located on MA side by the NY borders,worth Checking out it is not far from HVRT trail only about a mile to the falls.
20160626_090252.jpg

From the falls, continuing rode on HVRT to copake where the trails ended.
There, I pick up again Highway 22 north, until I reached on NY and VT borders.
Rode briefly on Vermont rural roads before entering Massachusetts.
20160626_160836.jpg

Once I get to Massachusetts, it was around 6pm, and North Adams is my destination for that day, there, I spend my night in a campground, only 1 and half miles from city limit.
Before, I reached North Adams is Williamstown look like a big town with big and famous university,lots of college kids walking around, I found them to be more friendly towards stranger like me.
View attachment 37121

Day 2
Woke up at 5am, wash my face and starting gathering dry stick and leafs, and making fire on my woodstove, making breakfast and have a cup of joe,and tearing down tent while its cooking, must multitasking.

qclabrat

sounds like another epic ride Liong, how many days are you planning to ride?
also doesn't the gallon of water upfront make it hard to steer vs on the rear rack

liong71er

20160627_063011.jpg

Taking a sunrise pictures on my way out from campground, and my next journey would be going to checking out hoosac tunnel,only 1 mile away I get to the site with Google map help,.. the hoosac tunnel story can be found on Wikipedia
20160627_064924.jpg

20160627_065432.jpg

Folks, this is what's look like at the entrance I believe I was at the west end portal,I didn't feel any strange feeling when I walk into the tunnel, although,if you read the Wikipedia facts, it should feel that way, but, honestly, I don't
But,..if I walked further down I might have, it was so dark and cold inside also damp and wet, muddy not to mention the danger.
No wonder kids coming here and walk the whole length of tunnel, almost 5 miles long.
I spend there, about half hours, then I GTF out of there..

Now, back on my saddle again and get cranking, today I'll be riding back to my starting point,on my way, I made a brief and failed attempt to ride up to the top of Greylock mtns, by taking, what I though a ride able fire road, turn out not to be, and I turn around where I coming riding from, altho, only a mile away to the summit, but, with all the heavy gear I got, I ditch my plan, I know there's another easy route to the summit but I was far away from it, like 29 miles away, and not in the direction I am going to.

So, I continued and I saw this guy right off the road side
20160627_075446.jpg

After couples hours riding on roads, I made a detour or a shortcut, by riding in woods and mountain bike trails,
20160627_114615.jpg

20160627_124336.jpg

20160627_125003.jpg

And that's Yukon Ridge North in Lenox, MA

After getting out from woods and back onto road again, I rode down on the long and steep winding roads towards lenox, at bottom, I stopped by roadside and trying to figure out where to find foods, as I stood there, suddenly, a woman, handed me a orange out from her car windows,and said,"would you like orange and do you want more? I have more if you want to" my reaction was so grateful towards her gesture and kindness, I was so hungry, and its like, she and angel that God has send to give me orange, I immediately thanked her, then she wish me luck and bid farewell,...for a moment, I almost cried, ..I eat that oranges like I have never eat for days
After, that incident, I got myself five oranges an a small basket strawberries not until another 2 and half hrs ride without foods, but, that one orange give me immediate strength and it doesn't felt hunger anymore.
I ate the oranges where I bought from a nursery shop and ate the whole full small basket of strawberries, about, a pound weight.still not ate real foods yet

Continued, ...Rode another 2 hrs and finally, reached a small town, I bought some water, and started looking for food
Found it,...order salad with lots of cool stuff in it,...wait for 15 minutes, foods arrive on my table, ..get a fork, digging it, one bite, two bite....wait a minute, what's this,...flip it,..dig it out,..one spoiled veggie,two, three, four all of sudden a pile of spoiled vegetables on my plate, I called the lady boss, and show it to her,..she grasp and quickly grab those spoiled leafs with napkins and walk to kitchen,, she informed me she going to replace it, but, I have loss my interest and I told her I'm leaving, ..she didn't said a word nor apologize
Then I leave,...just like that,I should have demand for a refund, but,..I think, I just leave it that way
Sometimes things are not meant to be.
And I don't regrets, it just doesn't seem to be any good will comes out of it.

Carry on,..after that happens
I didn't eat anything, except another or age that I bought earlier.

Then I made it into big town, I forgot what the town names, but, it is on highway 7 still in Massachusetts, stopped by the local bike shop, Berkshire some thing maybe...get some GU and Cliff, and I just suck dried out of it four of them and flushed down with gatored, still not feeling like to eat,..oranges and strawberries a good combination to fight hunger..

liong71er

Now, I'm back on the roads again, after a stop at bike shop
I'm now have been riding on highway 41 it is now entering state Connecticut borders,at intersection of highway 41 and highway 112, I took 112 towards NY there I get into Millerton, NY only 3 miles from that intersection, arrived in Millerton, where I was there yesterday morning on HVRT
20160626_060909.jpg

20160626_060417.jpg

At that town, I sat down inside a nice pizzeria, and order a lobster ravioli and a hot green tea, this time no more salad.

Finished, ..1 and half hours later I am in wassaic, NY train station bound to City
I get there 2 hrs earlier, before train depart at 8:30pm, lots of time to kill....for waiting.
IMG_20160627_204636.jpg

While riding in the rain on HVRT towards wassaic, came across this guy

There you have it..

Thanks for reading.

Liong

Attachments

• 20160626_060753.jpg
    20160626_060753.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

liong71er

sounds like another epic ride Liong, how many days are you planning to ride?
also doesn't the gallon of water upfront make it hard to steer vs on the rear rack
The gallons, is empty
I needed to fill water for many things when I needed to, esp for washing, when there's no campground can be found

Top Bottom