The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
in case you aren't making all the watts you think you are?

sad but true.

1550007683988.png

Hakimaki

Hi Gang!

I just joined Trainerroad a few weeks ago and am about to finish Sweet Spot Base Low Volume I. For those of you ahead of me, I would appreciate your views as to:

1. Do you find it better for MTB riding to dismiss Coach Chad's (over 85 RPMs) cadence advice and do you ride at lower cadences to build uphill/torque skills?
2. Any views/advice on where to go beyond the Base phase?

Thanks!

Carvegybe

So the basic Trainerroad formula is base 1, base 2, build and then specialty. Rinse and repeat. I'm doing something similar, however on Perfpro.

In regards to cadence, I remember coach Chad stating in the podcast that cadence recommendations are just that, and need not be followed exactly. Some people are natural grinders, some are spinners. They always state that we should train how we race. Now that doesn't mean we wouldn't benefit from training in a variety of cadence's. I normally spin between 100-110, but sometimes force myself to do an interval at 60rpm. So do what's better for you, good luck training!

Patrick

Staff member
Anyone feel like the are going to fall off the bike going downhill around the sweeping turns?
I'm about 5' away from a 40" screen, the visual cues are very accurate.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I was on Apple TV with a 40” TV but I had too many drops and the screen was just too big for being that close.... gave me a headache.

Now I’m using a i5 NUC with 16gb 3000 speed ram, 250gd Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 drive and the tracx ant+ antenna. The weak point is the home network. I gotta get on that.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Climb is a nice “toy”. It’ll never replace VR goggles (not that I use them....yet) but it is nice to get a physical cue to grade changes. I feel it before the numbers change in the display since it only shows whole % numbers. Before, any effort increase w/out grade change was a mind f-k. I also no longer have to pump the front tire 3 times a week. Winning;)

RobW

I wish they gave us a profile view of the climbs, could care less about where I am on the “route”. Knowing that could help me manage my output.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wish they gave us a profile view of the climbs, could care less about where I am on the “route”. Knowing that could help me manage my output.

The post above yours has the elevation profile in the upper right, at the bottom edge of the inset picture of the map.

Patrick

Staff member

yes - something between the short term view, and the profile across the bottom of that window. although like anything else, ya learn the climbs rather quickly.

Patrick

Staff member
The post above yours has the elevation profile in the upper right, at the bottom edge of the inset picture of the map.

what is across the bottom of the "rider" screen?

Patrick

Staff member
Power graph based on your FTP. Yellow around FTP, Red way above, other colors below.

TY
red line is HR?
when does this come up? i don't think i've seen it using apple tv/companion app.

goldsbar

TY
red line is HR?
when does this come up? i don't think i've seen it using apple tv/companion app.

I use a PC. Didn't have this chart for ages. One day I was messing around with the training plans (usually just ride) and it's been showing up ever since. Not sure about red line as I don't use HR, makes sense.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
TY
red line is HR?
Scroll through that lil pop up window that you use to change view or wave. It's there. Looks like a Lego with a line above it. Took me weeks to figure that out... (I use Apple the too.)

Patrick

Staff member
Scroll through that lil pop up window that you use to change view or wave. It's there. Looks like a Lego with a line above it. Took me weeks to figure that out... (I use Apple the too.)

I use a PC. Didn't have this chart for ages. One day I was messing around with the training plans (usually just ride) and it's been showing up ever since. Not sure about red line as I don't use HR, makes sense.

i can't wait to get home and try it :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 17.39.42.png

Top Bottom