The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I you wanna run zwift on Apple TV and you have ANT+ devices you can always get an ANT-to-BLE bridge type device. like a NPE Cable or 4iiii HRM.
4iiii bridges? Wow, that's... Helpful. Crazy :)
Happily, I'm using Wahoo for everything now, so I'm bluetooth'd up. The Apple TV only has two bluetooth channels to play with, so I may have to double up with a bridge, as I didn't have cadence last night, but that may also have been my mistake. I think I can use the same channel for cadence and power as they're both coming from my Stages crank arm. We'll see tomorrow...
Are you doing the WBR at 9:10, or the KISS at 8:50?

trener1

@1speed, BTW I think that you should really give Rouvy a try, for the type of riding you are looking to do I would say that Rouvy trumps Zwift and it's also cheaper, you can pull up some long climbs from around the world and really bust your chops grinding them out.
It has much less of a social aspect then Zwift but I think it's better for doing hard solo rides.

Last night was the first time I experienced a freeze-up on Zwift. My screen froze three times after I climbed the mountain - once for like two or three minutes. It doesn't advance you at all and the time doesn't keep counting, though, so it's kind of like a free break. But it was annoying.

I think I'm figuring out now what kind of rides I like. I really like the climbs. I'd rather go and do a slower pace ride and just climb all day on Zwift than ride tempo on the flat courses. I think part of it is because not as many people ride the climbs so I'm not constantly in a crowd of people. (Talk about anti-social, right? I can't even stand riding in a virtual crowd.) I don't want to do that every time just because I don't want to do super hard rides every time, but given the choice, I like the big climbs because I'm just locked in and alone for most of the ride. But I think there is something else, too: last Friday, I was having dinner with a couple of friends and we were talking about racing and riding. At one point, we were talking about how to train for events out west if you live here, the problem being that in CO and other western states, you have these climbs that go on forever and it's really hard to find similar hills here. There just simply aren't any climbs that go on and on. I know it's not exactly the same, but Zwift lets you climb like that if you want to. It took me about 30 minutes to climb the mountain yesterday. I don't know of any actual 30 minute climbs in this area, so it serves that purpose to a degree. Of course, you do need to "adjust" your ride - I climbed the whole thing in my big ring, even the extended 14 degree section on the very top of the mountain. That would never happen in reality, but I think the added difficulty over the entire length of the climb did feel real becasue it compensates for the lack of wind and whatever else to a degree. And I think it helps with actual riding, too. Despite not having ridden outside for a while, I felt pretty good climbing the short punchy stuff at Wiss these last few days that I was out there.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
@1speed, BTW I think that you should really give Rouvy a try, for the type of riding you are looking to do I would say that Rouvy trumps Zwift and it's also cheaper, you can pull up some long climbs from around the world and really bust your chops grinding them out.
It has much less of a social aspect then Zwift but I think it's better for doing hard solo rides.

I'll look into it. I'm enjoying Zwift a lot more than I thought I would, but I'm open to anything that lets me get a good workout. Thanks!

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
4iiiiiiiii bridges but they are expensive.

What is this KISS 8:50 of which you speak? Are there secret group rides or are they all on the Zwift "events" page?

KISS races are good and HARD. located on "events" page.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

Rouvy also seems to require less tech to get it running. My old iPad works fine for Rouvy, but Zwift requires a newer iPad. Too lazy to start plugging in laptops so far.

trener1

Quick question, (and perhaps this was addressed earlier) any have any recommendation for good shows (Netflix) to watch on the trainer, I just got through Godless with I thought was absolutely fantastic.

gtluke

The Moped
Quick question, (and perhaps this was addressed earlier) any have any recommendation for good shows (Netflix) to watch on the trainer, I just got through Godless with I thought was absolutely fantastic.
Errrbody watching Dark

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I thought that's who it was. Sup @taylor185!

we just missed one another when you were riding with the spicy pepper gang back on the 28th. I was about 2 miles away in Mills. Sorry we didn't connect. Let me know the next time you're around Essex County and I'll chase you down. :)

CrankAddictRich

Well this is kinda what I mean. You need to launch the app on the laptop. The website & mobile app don't have things like that, or your FTP. I mean christ, you can't even look at your rides on the website other than a summary. These are basic UX things. I can see more of the ride on Strava than I can on the website and the mobile app.

I was doing UI design for a lot of years so this kind of stuff irks me.

Ahhh.. I see. I've been a Swift user since it was a beta... back then you had to sue your laptop. There was no mobile app or other connection types, so I've only ever used my laptop. Now I understand what you're saying.

gtluke

The Moped
last night there were sweat drips on the floor. I don't know if in my entire life I've ever had a solid drip of sweat fall off me. I somehow lack the ability to sweat, well I get slightly damp but that's about it. My younger sister is the same. but my older sister sweats like crazy.
I was sweating from under my forearms... wtf. I've seen sweat accumulate there while rock climbing.
Maybe this thing is working.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
last night there were sweat drips on the floor. I don't know if in my entire life I've ever had a solid drip of sweat fall off me. I somehow lack the ability to sweat, well I get slightly damp but that's about it. My younger sister is the same. but my older sister sweats like crazy.
I was sweating from under my forearms... wtf. I've seen sweat accumulate there while rock climbing.
Maybe this thing is working.
There should be puddles

Top Bottom