The Heckle Report

I love Gloucester. Beautiful course by the ocean. I raced well there as a Cat 3 and now get to take part in the big show. It truly feels prestigious to race in any category, from 4/5 all the way up.

Registration, however, is silly. I'm happy I don't need to rush bike reg anymore. I think this opened Monday.

upload_2017-8-10_13-8-19.png

Gloucester is in the plans, and I'm already excited to return.

Whoever said cross is dead is full of shit.
I'll say it's dead come October. :)

It's one thing for a huge UCI race to fill up, it's another for the local races. (I don't think it's dead btw)

Gloucester may not happen for me, I can't commit right now. If I can convince my Boston friend to race I may hangout on Saturday or Sunday.

Those NE races always sell like crazy. Let's hope the NJ and MAC races aren't on the decline.

(northern) MAC seems like it's kinda dying. Or perhaps being swallowed up by New England and Southern MAC (re DCCX/Super 8 series)

It'll be interesting to see how Nittany does without being UCI. In fact it seems like MAC in general started suffering after separating from Charm City. Back when they had 2x Nittany UCI, 2x Charm UCI and 2x HPCX UCI it may have been more incentive to show up to those little local fields filling in the schedule.

HPCX has always been the little UCI race of the region (judging by UCI field numbers). Who knows how long they have before they drop UCI too.

Whirleybird has been on the decline since 2014. The new venue is actually pretty sweet but the numbers are consistently not growing.

If you want to be a successful local race you have to CRUSH at your promotion. Your own weekend is impossible to get now. If you want to draw numbers you need to have something special.

Yes, I'm referring to both MAC the region and MAC the race series.

My B.

The PA series does not help. I think things go in cycles. PA has their shit together and they seem to have new/exciting things every year. In 3 years it will be old hat and we'll all be driving to Ohio for the Strip Mall CX Series of Shitvillestan.

Or maybe NJ will get it's shit together. But given that we're down to 6 races, probably not realistic.

Danny Summerhill's 2017-2018 strategy: shoot the top 6 in their kneecaps. We know how that dude feels about packing heat while riding a bike.

6 kneecaps = 6 rounds in a revolver. Too perfect.

(northern) MAC seems like it's kinda dying. Or perhaps being swallowed up by New England and Southern MAC (re DCCX/Super 8 series)

It'll be interesting to see how Nittany does without being UCI. In fact it seems like MAC in general started suffering after separating from Charm City. Back when they had 2x Nittany UCI, 2x Charm UCI and 2x HPCX UCI it may have been more incentive to show up to those little local fields filling in the schedule.

HPCX has always been the little UCI race of the region (judging by UCI field numbers). Who knows how long they have before they drop UCI too.

Whirleybird has been on the decline since 2014. The new venue is actually pretty sweet but the numbers are consistently not growing.

If you want to be a successful local race you have to CRUSH at your promotion. Your own weekend is impossible to get now. If you want to draw numbers you need to have something special.

Yes, I'm referring to both MAC the region and MAC the race series.

My B.

MAC Masters is still very healthy, but there has been a steady progression away from straight up Category races. I did the MABRA Championship race last year and we had a whopping 8 riders in the Elite field. Surreal.

IMG_8085.JPG

Why r u riding a 10-speed on the dirt?
They make bikes for that now.

Back
Top Bottom