The Heckle Report

You guys should have seen Julian Hunter's rig at the Mount Creek race last week...made those two bikes look like downhill bikes

This weekend RULED.

Headed up to the valley for some KÜDÜ team time, met Alex in Clio in person finally and had two amazing rides. Saturday was a tour of the Hampton's, north/south/east - and Sunday was the NEBRA August Adventure ride which consisted of a ton of great dirt and generally amazing Pioneer Valley roads. We ended up doing a hybrid of the 70 and 45 mile routs which worked out to a nice 59 miler.

Also, NEW BIKE DAY!
IMG_5793.JPG

Yes it's a double, yes it has an 11-32 and yes it's canti. This is cross base mode, I'm told race mode will be 1x with a 42T wolf tooth and an XT derailleur via Tanpan adapter. I gotta say for yesterday's ride the 32T was greatly appreciated!

The bike felt great! Descended sketchy gravel really nice, and was super stiff climbing which I really enjoyed.

VERY excited to start the racing - a couple fotoz from yesterday.

IMG_5794.PNG

IMG_5784.JPG

Sat https://www.strava.com/activities/666881126 lost some data

Sun https://www.strava.com/activities/668123484

shoe game lit fam

curious how you will feel going from disc to canti now

feel like canti looks so much more bad ass visually than the disc setups

curious how you will feel going from disc to canti now
Me too.

Mainly because I'm still wrestling with the question of doing another year on cantis and old faithful aluminum, or finally succumbing to the disc/through axle/possibly plastic bike thing.

Dry canti game on the road/gravel was fine, even braking exclusively from the hoods. I had one moment where more bite would have been nice (as I was doing 35 down a wall into a T intersection) but I'm still alive.

Hell, I brake too much anyway so maybe Canti's are going to make me faster.

@ChrisG @pearl

Brakes totally have a look. I think canti's do look 'meaner' though I do appreciate the clean fork crown look of a disc bike.

@UtahJoe

I just think of nittany last year, coming out of that swamp.... Brakes did not come back for a half a lap after. Discs are definitely an advantage in that scenario.

Last night after my actual ride was over and I was coming through Morristown at hyper chill pace I got bit by a shark.

Well. It looks like it anyway.

In a total mental lapse coming away from the light in front of Marty's I thought I was clipped in (wasn't) slipped of my pedal and blasted my right ankle with my chain ring.

5.5 cuts, one is really deep but all together they look like a shark bite.

With that incident, I've decided to name my Kindhuman KÜDÜ CX bike 'Ripster' after a protagonist from the popular 1994-1995 animated series "Street Sharks."

upload_2016-8-11_10-24-49.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom