The Heckle Report

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
5f74cbc900426c59bba1b547da7fa737451108e9a7ef7154f0f8fd87a1ae747b.jpg

Mountain Bike Mike

Picked up my frameset from the coater yesterday. Did my 2 hour ride, ripped down dinner then shot over to Marty's to press the headset. I was going to wait, but I think I'm morally obligated to share this here, now.

The color is perfect. I'm going to have black vinyl decals cut - open to head badge decal ideas. I still have a couple weeks of part collecting to do but hopefully I'll have this pretty together soon!

The pink is so bright the iPhone camera sensor really struggles to capture it.

View attachment 35617

That headset is a brown Chris King Sotto Voce which I saw at Marty's Randolph for a few years before buying it finally last spring. I knew I'd be saving it for a very special future build and this is it.

Saddle is a SDG Duster in razzle dazzle, Ti rail. Same saddle that's on the Wraith, different color scheme.

I'd like to get a Thompson set back on there and try and sell the straight x.4 and pick up a 10deg x.4 - it's 100mm straight brand new and only mounted to keep my fork on if anyone is interested $70 in Morristown, still have the bag.

Very much excite.

I also sat down with the 2016-17 UCI schedule and started populating my calendar for the fall.

YASYASYASYAS

~Stokeosaurus Rex~

Looks like that pink doughnut stem cap... If I may make a suggestion - incorporate graphics or something that resembles the doughnuts sprinkles

On the note of that doughnut step cap... Saw a girl at Ramsey's race wearing a kit with that doughnut on it.

Edit - put a lil more effort into my response

DB96FCEA-EF0B-47C9-9E83-0AEF88F61AE9_zpsghibjpym.jpg

12859F18-8A0E-4C27-AEF6-09996D0BBDB4_zpssfq3er9h.jpg

Bonus
42B7F358-21CD-46B0-AD90-DD84B9FFAE19_zpsvuzvc4ge.jpg

Cookie hand up bonus
47B532D5-A89E-4519-BCFC-25565CC3A408_zps3qloteeo.jpg

Last edited:

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
Looks like that pink doughnut stem cap... If I may make a suggestion - incorporate graphics or something that resembles the doughnuts sprinkles

On the note of that doughnut step cap... Saw a girl at Ramsey's race wearing a kit with that doughnut on it.

Edit - put a lil more effort into my response

DB96FCEA-EF0B-47C9-9E83-0AEF88F61AE9_zpsghibjpym.jpg

12859F18-8A0E-4C27-AEF6-09996D0BBDB4_zpssfq3er9h.jpg

Bonus
42B7F358-21CD-46B0-AD90-DD84B9FFAE19_zpsvuzvc4ge.jpg

Cookie hand up bonus
47B532D5-A89E-4519-BCFC-25565CC3A408_zps3qloteeo.jpg
did you paint shop the cookie top cap or is that for sale?

donut cap already is on the MTB. Gotta use my sweet brown ano cap on this build

The Heckler

Woah, wait, what? Entry into the CX blog again? IN JUNE??

2016-17 KÜDÜ Collective kits dropped today. Matt E worked with Ryan Cathrall on the design. Kits will be made by Pactimo. Ryan sent over some team renderings with some avatar action. Good thing I'm working on bringing back the mustache! L->R Matt E, Alex, Me & Clio.

IMG_5409.JPG

The team also went live on Instagram. The name is kuducollectivecx, give us a follow!

The Heckler

CROSSISCOMINGCROSSISCOMINGCROSSISCOMINGZOMG

Pretty excited. Mexico wedding, post Lewmo sickness and Alaska mixed up my last 2 months a little. Being sick was the worst one because Alaska was supposed to be my break week but I ended up with two of them. O WELL, lemonade or something.

Getting back on the horse this week started pretty easy and quickly fell off the deep end before making a pretty spectacular comeback in the end. An easy run Monday was easy, Tuesday workout was cake but Wednesday's threshold was the worst and made me feel like I put my Cat 4/5 legs on when I woke up. Very discouraging. Thursday was more of the same of feeling awful on a 2 hour Z2 ride then Friday I had a great mental reset after a '90's MTB ride with @rsinger814.

A 90's MTB ride? YASS! The Diamondback made her maiden voyage and Ryan took out his new (old) Indyfab. 26ers and a positive attitude made for a great time at Nassau.
IMG_5758.JPG

Saturday was an endurance ride with a longer tempo block but I was feeling much better, then Sunday I braved the elements and absolutely crushed my 3:00 ride. The first half I was feeling decent then I hit the Oldwick General Store for a smiley face cookie and a coffee and flew the rest of the way with ease. Luckily I never got dumped on. It probably was misting for half the ride with periods of light rain. I've been pretty lucky with not having to ride in much crap this year. I feel like the secret is distractions. You're favorite kit, embro (though my legs were on FYAH! ~totally loved it~) cookie stops. Whatever makes you not think about how the road spray you're breathing. A beaver tail also is reallllllly nice to have.

All in all it was my highest mile week of the year, 222.9 mi over 12:57. Pretty fat week. Also my highest TSS since Pisgah. woah. I know the heat and being off the bike played into my midweek slump but it was a pretty rough few days both physically and mentally. Hoping this week goes a little smoother!

In other news I'm heading up to Western Mass this weekend for a little team time. Plans are the NEBRA August adventure ride and something else on Saturday. Also, possibly building the race bikes up so I'm prettttty damn excited to that.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Man those look like OTB machines for sure!
I was thinking the same thing.

My much-beloved Bontrager has sat in the basement, gathering dust with two flats, since the day I put my 29er on the road. I look at it on a near-daily basis, and often think, "I'd kill myself on that thing if I rode it the way I ride my Seven."

The Heckler

The bars are actually about 2 inches higher then when I got the frame. The OG stem was 140mm level to the ground.

I dunno how people actually raced these.

Top Bottom