The Heckle Report

SpartaBard

I'm just floored at how many of you guy OTB. The video that Nelson posted (King Kog dude that ate shit in the parking lot before the race trying to ride a wheelie) has an additional one I think.

@ChrisG - correct me if I'm wrong but I think the entire 45+ class rode the first pit on the first lap. I was like, "WTH I'm supposed to pass people here, what is this shit?"

Nelson also endo-ed right in front of me at the sandy corner with the big root in between the two sand pits. He was JRA until boom. Fortunately I took the inside line and avoided him.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's not very surprising that the 45+ is a more technically sound group, is it? The average gut in that class has been racing alot longer right?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's not very surprising that the 45+ is a more technically sound group, is it? The average gut in that class has been racing alot longer right?

Ah, if only I had an average gut. I'd crush it. The biggest difference I noticed when I went from the Bs to the 40+ class years ago was the difference in skill level. The older guys make far fewer dumb mistakes. I found I was the guy making the dumb mistakes and nobody else seemed to do that. Having said that, there are a lot of mediocre bike handlers out there no matter what class you're in. While the Joey Ratio is lower in the 35/45/55+ classes a lot of these guys are not great at piecing together turns.

One thing that everyone needs to keep in mind is that all these lines are made by the least skilled group of the day. Every single turn has a line hugging the inside. I think pre-riding the course should be an assessment of which lines are sound and which are terrible.

@SpartaBard - I was at that corner when Nelson & his friend were pre-riding it and I was trying to show them the line but I don't think they paid attention. Well, I guess from your recap, they weren't.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
Ah, if only I had an average gut. I'd crush it. The biggest difference I noticed when I went from the Bs to the 40+ class years ago was the difference in skill level. The older guys make far fewer dumb mistakes. I found I was the guy making the dumb mistakes and nobody else seemed to do that. Having said that, there are a lot of mediocre bike handlers out there no matter what class you're in. While the Joey Ratio is lower in the 35/45/55+ classes a lot of these guys are not great at piecing together turns.

One thing that everyone needs to keep in mind is that all these lines are made by the least skilled group of the day. Every single turn has a line hugging the inside. I think pre-riding the course should be an assessment of which lines are sound and which are terrible.

@SpartaBard - I was at that corner when Nelson & his friend were pre-riding it and I was trying to show them the line but I don't think they paid attention. Well, I guess from your recap, they weren't.
One issue with racing lines is the right line and the fastest line isn't always the correct or fastest line. The wide setup on that corner was king but if you left the door open with a homie on your wheel that spots gone.

STILL, THANKS FOR THE COACHING!!!!!!

The Heckler

Momma Tyler caught a still of the the runaway train on Saturday. Just before contact!
image.jpeg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I saw that typo, but had to leave it.

lancerracer

Ok, lead into the next pit. The college kids taped slight turns which actually had a line that went straight through. Good try guys. WOAH headwind off the lake makes it tough to pedal! IN THE SAND! and out of gas 15 feet in.

Its amazing how a section of the course that I meant to be straight turned into a section with a ton of tiny turns. The college kids are a great help, especially with clean up (we tore the whole course down in around an hour and a half), but they do some stuff that I can't explain. One of the more amazing things was when I was walking the course with the UCI official Saturday morning, I found that they taped the course so a grill was in the middle of the course...

The Heckler

Super bad news. My dumb bike is almost back together.

It got even more dumb this year with carbon cranks. YAY PARTS BIN!

This bike has been hanging in the attic since SSCXWC Philly. MTBNJ livery from my college years. Brooks bar tape on the top tube, home made 24mm seat post. yeah, this thing has it all. I'm hoping the seat post topper rusted so it wont move on my when I mount this year.

SEE YOU AT MARTY'S!
IMG_4093.JPG

world champion propeller? what???

Top Bottom