The Heckle Report

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
140430065257211911.jpg

http://www.crossresults.com/race/5072#r63545

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe it was after you arrived. I lined up wearing a sleeveless race singlet. Because it's hot. Got yelled at that I need to read the rule book and told I could not race, that I need sleeves.

Grabbed keys from Joy, biked to car, thew on bright yellow northface running shirt, biked back, Joy pinned on number, got in the VERY back of the pack and made the race start.

I was much easier to spot at least, and warmed up. But had to pass 30 something people who can't ride bikes.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
Maybe it was after you arrived. I lined up wearing a sleeveless race singlet. Because it's hot. Got yelled at that I need to read the rule book and told I could not race, that I need sleeves.

Grabbed keys from Joy, biked to car, thew on bright yellow northface running shirt, biked back, Joy pinned on number, got in the VERY back of the pack and made the race start.

I was much easier to spot at least, and warmed up. But had to pass 30 something people who can't ride bikes.
You can race with a cape.
You can race with open toed shoes.
You can race in a banana costume.
You can race with and open jersey.
You can race with face paint.
You can race on a mountain bike.
You can race in drag.

BUT YOU WILL NOT RACE WITHOUT SLEEVES.
There are certain standards that you can't cross.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I looked into racing in a helmet with viking horns and was told absolutely not. So add that to your list.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I looked into racing in a helmet with viking horns and was told absolutely not. So add that to your list.
Horns fall under the bar end rule. Also that party city 'helmet' doesn't count as a helmet.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yet a quick glance at the rules, if it's a non-international mountain bike race, It'd be OK.

It's a stupid rule. Like not being allowed to hand someone a bottle of water on a hot day while they're racing.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

happened to me in a crit (cat 5 slowness none the less - guy hands me a cotton shirt which i wear under my sleeveless - in the middle of july. was ok for a couple laps....i watched the finish from @1lap...
i thought the mtb was a no-no at faster categories also ?????

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Oh, in a no-draft race, (ie a duo/triathlon/aquabike) sleeveless is legal, since you won't be sweating on the guy behind you......

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was racing Cat 5. The only rules in Cat 5 should be a non-motorized bicycle and you aren't a sandbagger.

I'll check Amazon to see if I can get prime shipping on a jersey with Chippendale style sleeves in time for Nittany.

Top Bottom