The Heckle Report

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
WOOOWEEEEEEE!

#CXISNTCOMING

or is it????

I'll tell you what, I really miss the CX preparation ritual.

Not the hours and hours of painful training, but the gear prep and race planning.

Making lists, preparing the budget, figuring out what needs to get done, fixed, replaced, re-wrapped, re-packed, re-glued, wheels built, bolts torqued, kit's designed, ordered and distributed, all while feeling fucking fit if not also really really fucking tired.

I think finally I started to find decent head space during my California vacation. I spent time with some pretty amazing people, saw some magnificent country and pretty much had a nice reset.

I've managed to feel motivated enough to start small rides again and I'll tell you what it feels damn good. Im slow as hell, my ass hurts, everything is SUPER tight, but it feels good. Sucks about this rain though.. BUT it feels nice to not have stress about that either.

Just a few weeks ago the idea of any racing felt wrong, but I sit here today after reading some serious CX stoke feeling a little better about the idea. I hope I continue to ride and I hope to make it out for a few. re: 3, no more, probably less.

Bikes aside I'm pretty damn excited to enjoy an autumn of hiking, camping and climbing. I keep having this panicked "YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING AND SEE EVERYONE ASAP BECAUSE YOU'RE ABOUT TO START RACING BI..." but right around there I have this wild thought "Oh, no, wait! You have 4 new months you haven't had in 6 years," and I immediately relax.

On to BIKES!
After talking to @pearl I think I'm going to go ahead and throw a flatbar on the SS. That Bike is going to be too fun with a flat bar.

The Stanridge glitter bike is no longer mine, but it's still in the family and in good hands with @rsinger814 who's gonna throw down some monster wheelies and watts this year on it.

I also sold my Emonda ALR6 Pro which was a dope bike but with all these new interests I've been hurting to free up some gear money. Both sales got me a lot of shit in the camping, climbing and ski world, so, stoked on those moves, albeit sad to lose 2 sweet bikes. Down to 5, from 7. retired.

I need to move the Force Hydro 22 group over to the Wraith, then move the force 22 back to the Raleigh then the Force/Rival 10 over to Moe's Wraith. She's ready for drop bars! (which is great timing b/c like I said I need some flat bars.)

I'm overdue for a MTB ride but the weathers been so wet, I'll probably keep putting it off.

In conclusion CX is maybe coming in a really small, social way, and I miss y'all.

@MadisonDan when does Wednesday CX practice start?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
WOOOWEEEEEEE!

#CXISNTCOMING

or is it????

I'll tell you what, I really miss the CX preparation ritual.

Not the hours and hours of painful training, but the gear prep and race planning.

Making lists, preparing the budget, figuring out what needs to get done, fixed, replaced, re-wrapped, re-packed, re-glued, wheels built, bolts torqued, kit's designed, ordered and distributed, all while feeling fucking fit if not also really really fucking tired.

I think finally I started to find decent head space during my California vacation. I spent time with some pretty amazing people, saw some magnificent country and pretty much had a nice reset.

I've managed to feel motivated enough to start small rides again and I'll tell you what it feels damn good. Im slow as hell, my ass hurts, everything is SUPER tight, but it feels good. Sucks about this rain though.. BUT it feels nice to not have stress about that either.

Just a few weeks ago the idea of any racing felt wrong, but I sit here today after reading some serious CX stoke feeling a little better about the idea. I hope I continue to ride and I hope to make it out for a few. re: 3, no more, probably less.

Bikes aside I'm pretty damn excited to enjoy an autumn of hiking, camping and climbing. I keep having this panicked "YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING AND SEE EVERYONE ASAP BECAUSE YOU'RE ABOUT TO START RACING BI..." but right around there I have this wild thought "Oh, no, wait! You have 4 new months you haven't had in 6 years," and I immediately relax.

On to BIKES!
After talking to @pearl I think I'm going to go ahead and throw a flatbar on the SS. That Bike is going to be too fun with a flat bar.

The Stanridge glitter bike is no longer mine, but it's still in the family and in good hands with @rsinger814 who's gonna throw down some monster wheelies and watts this year on it.

I also sold my Emonda ALR6 Pro which was a dope bike but with all these new interests I've been hurting to free up some gear money. Both sales got me a lot of shit in the camping, climbing and ski world, so, stoked on those moves, albeit sad to lose 2 sweet bikes. Down to 5, from 7. retired.

I need to move the Force Hydro 22 group over to the Wraith, then move the force 22 back to the Raleigh then the Force/Rival 10 over to Moe's Wraith. She's ready for drop bars! (which is great timing b/c like I said I need some flat bars.)

I'm overdue for a MTB ride but the weathers been so wet, I'll probably keep putting it off.

In conclusion CX is maybe coming in a really small, social way, and I miss y'all.

@MadisonDan when does Wednesday CX practice start?
Balance!!!!! Yes! Much EXCITE

CX Practice will mostly involve me drinking beers looking at my bike. I have the older kid back playing rec soccer this year at age 13 after a 4 year break, so that will be interesting. I may have volunteered to coach also. Also add in Will's Ninja Travel competitions (travel 2-3 hours for a 2 minute run), and I'm looking at a limited schedule, with extra emphasis on fun and beer.

Come to Cranks Around the Campfire!!!! Bike and camping!!!!!

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
giphy.gif

So glad to see you being able to pull back and enjoy life. Come join me for the party at the back of the bus! You can race and have fun without being at the sharp end.

Top Bottom