The Guitar Player Thread.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

My oldest guitar. I bought this is '97. It's been completely gutted and rebuilt. The body has been redone. My son rewired it earlier this year to a single HB. It's my favorite guitar but isn't a shredder.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haven't posted here in a while but have made tons of recordings of various styles since. Been on a bluegrass kick for the last 6 months or so. Started collecting Mandolins (I'm up to 4 now) and have been playing mando for less than a year. Acquired a vintage 1973 Martin D28 guitar in perfect condition that was well cared for and never played. It is the most amazing acoustic guitar Iv'e ever owned. Also picked up a Deering Banjo which I'm slowly teaching myself how to play. Here's a dump of some recent bluegrass crap.

Cut and Run (Capers original)

Just bought that little U-Bass and OMG that little thing sounds HUGE.

Good Time Cholly (Capers original)
Bluegrass doesn't typically have drums but something about this groove compelled me to add them in.

Soon to be Home (Capers original) Made this in my friend's Dave and Erin's gutted house in Lambertville that they are renovating. When They are all done, I'll do another one in the finished house.

Sequoia (Capers original)

The High Road (Written by Tim O'Brien) The first time I heard this tune, it was played by a guitarist named Bryan Sutton. I do this tune in his style.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
And something completely different from the bluegrass junk - Some rock n’ roll and funk.

Moonshot (Capers original) Putting the Les paul through the moves on this one!

Lock it Down (Capers original) The Telecaster is one of the most versatile guitars ever!

Monsterlicious (Capers original) This one was so much fun. There’s this young Strat player named Cory Wong who iv’e really been digging lately. He’s a collaborator of Vulfepeck. He sort of inspired the whole vibe of this jam.

Straight to Voicemail (Capers original)

Ironically, you can’t even leave me a voicemail because I haven’t set it up since the iPhone came out in 2007. Thats right - Ive gone 12 years without a single voicemail and it is awesome!

My buddy Marc plays some saxophone in this although he is not pictured.

Sidekickin’ (Capers original)

I wrote this right before Christmas. I also bought that flannel shirt the same day and the goddamn buttons are defective - They just pop open.

MMuller

And something completely different from the bluegrass junk - Some rock n’ roll and funk.

Moonshot (Capers original) Putting the Les paul through the moves on this one!

Lock it Down (Capers original) The Telecaster is one of the most versatile guitars ever!

Monsterlicious (Capers original) This one was so much fun. There’s this young Strat player named Cory Wong who iv’e really been digging lately. He’s a collaborator of Vulfepeck. He sort of inspired the whole vibe of this jam.

Straight to Voicemail (Capers original)

Ironically, you can’t even leave me a voicemail because I haven’t set it up since the iPhone came out in 2007. Thats right - Ive gone 12 years without a single voicemail and it is awesome!

My buddy Marc plays some saxophone in this although he is not pictured.

Sidekickin’ (Capers original)

I wrote this right before Christmas. I also bought that flannel shirt the same day and the goddamn buttons are defective - They just pop open.

Nice collection of music and gear. Very cool Capers.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice collection of music and gear. Very cool Capers.

Thanks Mark, I complement from you means a lot!

Here's some solo acoustic fingerstyle. Something I don't really practice often but really should. There's only so many hours in the day unfortunately.

A short bluesy progression in E on the Martin-box. Using a brass thumb pick that my friend Monica made. She is a jewelry maker in California that also makes guitar picks and slides. https://monicasquitieri.com

Here's another Fingerstyle tune: "Saturday Night Shuffle" by Merle Travis. I'm playing Tommy Emmanuel's arrangement, which is a little different. Nowhere near as clean as Tommy E but it was a pretty difficult tune to figure out. I learned it by ear so I 'think' I'm playing it correctly.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
A blazing fast Sam Bush cover. Just the first half of the tune. The banjo runs were way too hard to learn so I replaced those with my own guitar licks.

Live from my kitchen!

Top Bottom