The Guitar Player Thread.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
So I have these Strat pickups that a friend gave me over 25 years ago. They have just been sitting around gathering dust so if anyone is interested let me know. If you think they are worth anything throw me some beer, or not. Just think they should be used. They have 016730 stamped on the back and un-staggered poles.

full

full

rick81721

Lothar
So I have these Strat pickups that a friend gave me over 25 years ago. They have just been sitting around gathering dust so if anyone is interested let me know. If you think they are worth anything throw me some beer, or not. Just think they should be used. They have 016730 stamped on the back and un-staggered poles.

full

full

tumblr_mjntc8SN951qehzu2o4_250.gif

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This song was recorded with: 1 Gibson SG Classic, 1 Gibson Les Paul Studio, 1 Fender Jazz Bass, 1 Ibanez AS-93, one invisible drummer and 7,973 birds of various species.

This is what happens when I leave my windows open.

"Re-Entry"

MMuller

Did this a while back. Thanks Becker and Fagan for the inspiration. RIP Walter.

Hey Capers, tasty tune!

Hey Tim, maybe they're mine. I swapped original pickups on a strat 30 years ago and want to put them back in but can't find them anywhere!

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did this a while back. Thanks Becker and Fagan for the inspiration. RIP Walter.

I have actually watched this before on your channel. Great rendition. Well done!

Heard about Walter's passing while I was in the middle of recording yesterday. Profoundly bummed. Steely Dan has always been up there as one of my number one influences. RIP.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
NGD

Walked in to the music store to buy strings. Accidentally bought a Gibson Les Paul.

Ooops

It's a 2015. The year Gibson did a lot of weird shit that many people didn't like. Such as robot tuners, brass nuts and wide necks.

The fingerboard is definitely thicc AF on this bad boy but I find it surprisingly comfortable. Got rid of the stupid robot tuners and put a set of grovers on.

I'm stoked on the 57 Classic pickups but not so stoked on the unsightly Les Paul 100 scribble. I can live with that though. Sounds amazing and has sustain for dayyyyyzzzzz
LP.jpg

Oh and here's a vid I made a few weeks ago going bonkers on the Telecaster.

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's his real signature, not the one that's on the other LPs. Congrats. Nothing like a LP.

Wow, I did not know that about the signature. OK that may change my mind about it then. I'm just so used to seeing the fancy script signature thats been on Les Paul guitars for ever.

I had every intention of heading down to Allaire to today. Ended up spending most of the day inside jamming...

Perhaps I'll hit Allaire tomorrow.

Top Bottom