The Guitar Player Thread.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been Jamming with with dudes and seeing where it goes. I think this lineup we ended up with is pretty solid.
Here's a tune from our session on Monday. We learned it 15 minutes before hitting the record button so I think we were all on our toes but overall pretty solid.

wonderturtle

Been Jamming with with dudes and seeing where it goes. I think this lineup we ended up with is pretty solid.
Here's a tune from our session on Monday. We learned it 15 minutes before hitting the record button so I think we were all on our toes but overall pretty solid.

sounds great. perhaps dumb questions: I dont recognize the song. is that a cover? an original? are you guys just kinda making it up as you go? how do you know where to go with the song (e.g., when do you know the guitar solo starts/ ends, the sax solo, the little piano riffs, etc.). In essence: how does one jam? lol.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
sounds great. perhaps dumb questions: I dont recognize the song. is that a cover? an original? are you guys just kinda making it up as you go? how do you know where to go with the song (e.g., when do you know the guitar solo starts/ ends, the sax solo, the little piano riffs, etc.). In essence: how does one jam? lol.
Ha, Dan The keyboard player had a groove and a basic chord progression in mind. We charted it out on a white board which is on the ground. Decide ahead of time the order of solos (keys, guitar, sax). All the solos are improvovised. Just coming up with it in the moment. Some of the chord comping is improvised as well, especially with the keys.

So to paraphrase- we bake a cake and add a whole bunch of icing.

Occasionally glancing at the ground at this chicken scratch:

04245DF5-45E8-4B44-8422-317D2458CBE1.jpeg

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
An original tune I made for the Stewart Race Recap video.

Playing through a prototype custom built tube amp that my buddy Dave made. Grind Amplification Double Shot Reverb. Has a Brit channel and a fender channel. He’s going to be building them to sell soon.

Main Guitar used is an ‘11 gold top Gibson Les Paul with p100 at the neck and Dimarzio 36 anniversary in the bridge. You don’t see that combination often!

And if you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the video where this tune appears.

Kaleidopete

"Rock around the clock" tonight? This classic song made its debut‬, May 29, 1954 in Wildwood‬,‬ during a Memorial Day concert.
It was performed by Bill Haley and the Comets at the HofBrau Hotel. Wildwood was once called "Little Las Vegas" for its glitzy nightlife.
Dick Clark hosted dances at the Starlight Ballroom in 1957, Chubby Checker debuted "The Twist" at the Rainbow Club in 1960, and in
1963 Bobby Rydell recorded an ode to the boardwalk, "Wildwood Days."

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Random...
The older offspring has expressed interest in learning a musical instrument. Guitar is what he came up with.
Do I just buy a cheap one off Amazon to see if he likes it?
Anyone got something I can borrow/buy/rent to own?

I hope he tries it and it sticks, but who knows with this kid.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Random...
The older offspring has expressed interest in learning a musical instrument. Guitar is what he came up with.
Do I just buy a cheap one off Amazon to see if he likes it?
Anyone got something I can borrow/buy/rent to own?

I hope he tries it and it sticks, but who knows with this kid.

I have a pile of stuff if he wants to borrow something.

Top Bottom